Our Wild Dragon Priest deck list guide features the best deck list for Kobolds and Catacombs. Our Wild Dragon Priest guide also contains card combos and strategy tips.
Wild Dragon Priest is a Hearthstone deck that exploits the many Dragon cards now available in the game - as well as the Priest's healing hero power - to make favourable trades on the board and then snowball a threat all the way towards the finishing line. It also draws on the mighty power of the Divine Spirit / Inner Fire combo to unleash game-ending hell on the opponent.
You'll need a sprinkling of cards from across Hearthstone's history to make this one work, but if you've got the cards then this is a very solid way of making an impact in the Wild format. We've got a snapshot of what we believe to be the best deck list in circulation right now, followed by a breakdown of all the combos you have to mess around with.
Questions about playing Wild Dragon Priest? Drop us a note in the comments and we'll do what we can to help you out. Have fun!
If you're here for the latest special event to hit Hearthstone, make sure you check out our guide to the best Wild Brawliseum decks in Hearthstone. It's got something to suit every hero preference!
Wild Dragon Priest deck list
This is what we would consider to be the top Dragon Priest deck to use on the Wild ladder right now. There are some subtle variations available, but this is about as good a grounding as you could hope to have for the archetype.
|1 x Circle of Healing||2 x Netherspite Historian||KAR|
|1 x Silence||1 x Deathlord||NAX|
|2 x Inner Fire|
|2 x Northshire Cleric|
|1 x Potion of Madness||MSG|
|2 x Power Word: Shield|
|2 x Twilight Whelp||BRM|
|2 x Divine Spirit|
|2 x Radiant Elemental||UNG|
|2 x Shadow Visions||UNG|
|2 x Kabal Talonpriest||MSG|
|2 x Velen's Chosen||GVG|
|2 x Duskbreaker||KAC|
|2 x Twilight Guardian||BRM|
|2 x Drakonid Operative||MSG|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAEBAa0GBNIKpQm1uwL+DQ34AvIM5QTuEdEKgrUC2MEC0cEC8LsCjw/L5gKJFLq7AgA=
More popular Wild guides
- 1. Wild Giants Warlock - Wild Giants Warlock deck list guide
- 2. Wild Big Priest - Wild Big Priest deck list guide
- 3. Wild Cubelock - Wild Cubelock deck list guide
- 4. Wild Reno Priest - Wild Reno Priest deck list guide
- 5. Wild Aggro Paladin - Wild Aggro Paladin deck list guide
- 6. Wild Secret Mage - Wild Secret Mage deck list guide
- 7. Wild Dude Paladin - Wild Dude Paladin deck list guide
- 8. Wild Dragon Priest - Wild Dragon Priest deck list guide
Wild Dragon Priest tips, combos and synergies
Here are some useful tips for blending together all of the cards available with this Wild Dragon Priest deck list:
- Netherspite Historian will let you select one of three cards chosen from the overall Dragon pool in Hearthstone, but only if you happen to have a Dragon in your hand when you play her onto the board.
- The Divine Spirit / Inner Fire combo allows you to increase an active minion's Health, then covert that Health value into Attack for some insane surprise burst damage that can quickly end a match. Consider the additional impact of Power Word: Shield and Kabal Talonpriest with this combo as well.
- When you're up against aggro opponents in particular, Potion of Madness can be incredibly powerful. It'll very often let you steal one of your opponent's minions and then slam it into another of theirs, destroying both in the process.
- Twilight Whelp only gains its extra two points of Health if you've got another Dragon in your hand at the time it's played onto the board.
- As long as Radiant Elemental is out in play your spells will cost one Mana less. This can be a crucial part of building your Divine Spirit / Inner Fire beast, so do your sums carefully - you might be closer to finishing the match than you realised at first.
- Duskbreaker's another of those minions that only does its Battlecry thing if you've another Dragon in your hand, but that AOE damage can be a real showstopper, especially in aggressive match-ups.
- Twilight Guardian and Drakonid Operative are the remaining cards that have that special Dragon-in-hand synergy. The value provided by the latter can be incredible too, and it's often worth holding a small Dragon back in order to empower the Battlecry.
- Each time you cast a spell with Lyra the Sunshard out in play, a random Priest spell will be added to your hand. Combine this with Radiant Elemental and its possible to gain an incredible advantage over your opponent.