Our Wild Big Priest deck list guide features the best deck list for Kobolds and Catacombs. Our Wild Big Priest guide also contains card combos and strategy tips.
Wild Big Priest is a Hearthstone deck archetype that uses a handful of key minions in order to “cheat” out very large minions, very early on in the match. The idea then is that your opponent will struggle to match your huge value gains, leaving you in a dominant position, and able to re-summon those minions once more thanks to a selection of spells. It's been popular for a while in Standard, and it's only become stronger on the Wild ladder.
Because we've covered the Standard version of Big Priest pretty comprehensively before on Metabomb, we're going to start off our Wild coverage with a simpler snapshot of things. We've got the strongest deck list you can make use of in the current Wild meta - along with a Deck Import ID of course - then broken down all of the combos that make it work. That should be plenty to get you going.
If there are any other aspects of the Wild game you'd like to see us cover on Metabomb, do let us know in the comments!
If you're here for the latest special event to hit Hearthstone, make sure you check out our guide to the best Wild Brawliseum decks in Hearthstone. It's got something to suit every hero preference!
|1 x Silence||1 x Barnes||KAR|
|2 x Resurrect||BRM||1 x Ragnaros the Firelord|
|2 x Shadow Visions||UNG||1 x The Lich King||KFT|
|2 x Shadow Word: Pain||1 x Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound||TOG|
|2 x Spirit Lash||KFT|
|1 x Shadow Word: Death|
|2 x Eternal Servitude||KFT|
|1 x Greater Healing Potion||MSG|
|2 x Shadow Word: Horror||UNG|
|2 x Excavated Evil||LOE|
|1 x Lightbomb||GVG|
|2 x Shadow Essence||KFT|
|2 x Lesser Diamond Spellstone||KAC|
|2 x Psychic Scream||KAC|
|2 x Obsidian Statue||KFT|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAEBAa0GCKUJ0wqFuAK3uwKSD/YCws4CqKsCC/oR0cEC1wrwzwLlzAKhrAK3F7TOAuPpAujQAubMAgA=
Going into your first few matches with the following combos and tips in mind will definitely make your life easier as a Wild Big Priest player. Don't forget to let us know of any tips of your own in the comments section when you're done reading up!
- Try to keep track of the friendly minions you've lost. This will help better inform the timing of Resurrect. You can't guarantee the best possible outcome here, but you can definitely work the odds in your favour.
- Barnes always summons a copy of a minion, not the final version, and so even if the stats aren't great you can still get great value from things like end-of-turn effects (Ragnaros, Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound, The Lich King etc).
- Eternal Servitude gives you a little more control over summoning targets than Resurrect does, but you should again time the playing of this card as best you can so as to achieve an optimal result.
More great Wild decks:
- 1. Wild Giants Warlock - Wild Giants Warlock deck list guide
- 2. Wild Big Priest - Wild Big Priest deck list guide
- 3. Wild Cubelock - Wild Cubelock deck list guide
- 4. Wild Reno Priest - Wild Reno Priest deck list guide
- 5. Wild Aggro Paladin - Wild Aggro Paladin deck list guide
- 6. Wild Secret Mage - Wild Secret Mage deck list guide
- 7. Wild Dude Paladin - Wild Dude Paladin deck list guide
- 8. Wild Dragon Priest - Wild Dragon Priest deck list guide
- Shadow Word: Horror is particularly effective against aggro opponents, so try to save it for when your opponent has over-committed to the board.
- Excavated Evil and Lightbomb damage your own minions as well as your opponent's fighting forces, so try to get some use out of them first if you know they're going to perish in the explosion to come!
- If you're unfamiliar with the Spellstone system in Hearthstone, in its its base form Lesser Diamond Spellstone resurrects two friendly minions that died earlier on in the match. Play four spells while this is in your hand, however, and it gets upgraded to three resurrections. Play another four spells and the resurrections max out at four.
- If The Lich King is out in play, you'll receive a random Death Knight card at the end of each of your turns. The following cards belong to this special pool:
|2||Death Coil||Deal 5 damage to an enemy, or restore 5 Health to a friendly character.|
|2||Death Grip||Steal a minion from your opponent's deck and add it to your hand.|
|2||Obliterate||Destroy a minion. Your hero takes damage equal to its Health.|
|3||Death and Decay||Deal 3 damage to all enemies.|
|4||Anti-Magic Shell||Give your minions +2 / +2 and “Can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers.”|
|5||Doom Pact||Destroy all minions. Remove the top card from your deck for each minion destroyed.|
|6||Army of the Dead||Remove the top 5 cards of your deck. Summony any minions removed.|
|7||Frostmourne||Deathrattle: Summon every minion killed by this [5 / 3] weapon.|