Our Dragonbane Face Hunter deck list guide features the best list for Season 77 of Hearthstone (August 2020). You can also find some general strategy advice and a breakdown of the deck’s key combos. We will continue to update so our Dragonbane Face Hunter deck list is the best it can be.
Hunter has always been a class that excels in combining its resources and Hero Power to play aggressively. With all the new stuff in Scholomance Academy, we'll be seeing a fair bit more aggression from Hunters in the future.
You’re looking to use your Hero Power as much as you can, thanks to all the new Hero Power synergy this deck provides. We’ve added a Secret package too, since it offers a significant amount of coverage for aggressive decks’ weaknesses, as well as some great ways to finish off your opponent.
Dragonbane Face Hunter deck list and strategy
Here’s the Dragonbane Face Hunter deck we’re using for the start of Scholomance Academy. Keep an eye out for updates once the meta settles a bit!
|1 x Trueaim Crescent||2 x Tour Guide|
|2 x Adorable Infestation||2 x Sneaky Delinquent|
|2 x Dwarven Sharpshooter||2 x Voracious Reader|
|2 x Toxic Reinforcements||2 x Manafeeder Panthara|
|2 x Demon Companion|
|2 x Wolpertinger|
|2 x Scavenging Hyena|
|1 x Zixor, Apex Predator|
|2 x Kill Command|
|2 x Eaglehorn Bow|
|1 x Ace Hunter Kreen|
|2 x Unleash the Hounds|
|1 x Dragonbane|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAR8Eh7ADg7kD4c4D49QDDagC2wmBCv4M/K8DhbADm80Dos4D+84DgtADxtEDudIDitQDAA==
- 1. Best Budget Decks - Hearthstone: Best Budget Decks for Ashes of Outland
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Ashes of Outland)
- 3. Dragonbane Face Hunter - Dragonbane Face Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 4. Beast Hunter - Beast Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 5. Midrange Hunter - Midrange Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 6. Highlander Dragon Hunter - Highlander Dragon Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 7. Quest Hunter - Quest Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
This build of aggro Hunter is unique in that it focuses on the use of your Hero Power, rather than exclusively on the tempo generated from your early cards. The cards you play are aiming to maximise the utility of your 2 damage Hero Power, dealing as much to face as quickly as possible before your opponent can respond.
Early Game: Your cheap minions are solid options early on. Dwarven Sharpshooter gives you the choice to take out enemy minions with your Hero Power to retain board control, whilst Demon Companion offers great cheap options for the early game in a mini-Animal Companion style.
From here, you just want to play out your minions as and when you can. Toxic Reinforcements should be used when you have mana to spare too, since you'll want to be pressing that Hero Power button when possible.
Mid Game: Beast synergies are nice for the mid-game in this deck too. Scavenging Hyena can be buffed by all sorts, including Manafeeder Panthara, Wolpertinger, and the Cubs generated by Adorable Infestation.
You can also trade effectively with Ace Hunter Kreen, who makes your friendly minions Immune when attacking. If you're not going face, it's pretty doable to kill off the enemy's minions in the meantime whilst keeping your board intact.
Late Game: Voracious Reader is an amazing way to refuel your hand later on if you're out of resources. Also, Zixor Prime can be the final nail in the enemy coffin thanks to the big stats it puts into play swiftly. Of course, for that extra direct damage you have a few options. Dragonbane will always deal 5 to face if there are no enemy minions, and Kill Command is a classic finisher for a low-health opponent. In addition, your weapons like Eaglehorn Bow and Trueaim Crescent can always be used to get that final little chip away.
Dragonbane Face Hunter Mulligan Guide
Below is our guide on what to keep in your opening hand when playing Dragonbane Face Hunter.
1. Dwarven Sharpshooter has great stats for a 1-drop, and offers you some utility in the following turns, with the option to clear enemy minions off the board with your Hero Power.
2. Demon Companion is a decent opener, often giving you a 2/1 with Charge or a 2/2 with Taunt - both good early plays.
3. Adorable Infestation is a good keep alongside other 1-drops - buffing them and summoning extra value can be a great tempo play.
Dragonbane Face Hunter tips, combos and synergies
Below are some tips for how to best play Dragonbane Face Hunter in the upcoming Scholomance Academy meta:
- Dragonbane isn’t guaranteed to hit the target you want, but on an empty board you’ll be dealing 7 damage to face every time.
- Toxic Reinforcements can be tough to complete as a Sidequest, but along with Tour Guide you get a free Hero Power and thus a notch on the way to summoning some Leper Gnomes.
- For a different version of this deck, consider putting in a Secret package. A few Hunter Secrets and Phase Stalker can be a great way to go face and cheat out extra value.
- If you don't have Secrets in the deck, don't worry about triggering Eaglehorn Bow's Durability bonus - just swing it.
- Zixor, Apex Predator is a good Rush minion who shuffles Zixor Prime into your deck, allowing for a huge amount of potential value when you draw it later on.
- Trueaim Crescent can let your minions attack twice in a turn, but be careful - sometimes you won't want your minions killed off.
- Demon Companion has the potential to buff all your minions by +1/+0, so if you're looking for lethal and have a wide board then hit it up.
- Toxic Reinforcements is a good ‘fire and forget’ card to have. For 1 mana, it’s good to summon 3 Leper Gnomes, which deal an extra 2 damage to face when they die, as well as being annoying board presences for your opponent to deal with. There’s an inevitability about them - you’re guaranteeing 12 damage to face when you play the Sidequest, it’s just a bit delayed.