Our Quest Hunter deck list guide features the best deck list for Season 69 of Hearthstone (December 2019). You can also find some general strategy advice and a breakdown of the deck’s key combos. We will continue to update the list to help you play the best possible Quest Hunter list.
Unseal the Vault and the Hero Power generated upon its completion, Ramkahen Roar, are based on a token-style board state. You’ll be trying to flood the board with minions throughout the game. Once you’ve done it enough, the Quest will change your Hero Power and you’ll be able to crush the enemy with huge, beefed up boards of minions.
The deck looks like it's holding its own in Descent of Dragons, but keep an eye out for changes as the meta develops!
Quest Hunter deck list and strategy
Here is the version of Quest Hunter we’re using for the start of Descent of Dragons. The meta is going to be hotly contested, so come back here for updates and changes!
|1 x Clear the Way||2 x Hench-Clan Hogsteed|
|2 x Springpaw||1 x Knife Juggler|
|1 x Unseal the Vault||2 x Questing Explorer|
|2 x Animal Companion||1 x SN1P-SN4P|
|2 x Desert Spear||2 x Bone Wraith|
|2 x Diving Gryphon||2 x Faceless Corruptor|
|2 x Unleash the Hounds||1 x Leeroy Jenkins|
|1 x Halazzi, the Lynx||1 x Zilliax|
|2 x Swarm of Locusts||1 x Shu'ma|
|1 x Veranus||1 x Sea Giant|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAR8K0wGvBLEIoIAD44sDpKUD+K8DrrED2LIDn7cDCrUD2wmghQPHnQPkpAO7pQPypQOYqQOOrQOCsQMA
- 1. Descent of Dragons - Hearthstone: Descent of Dragons guide
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Descent of Dragons)
- 3. Dragonbane Face Hunter - Dragonbane Face Hunter deck list guide (Descent of Dragons)
- 3. Mech Hunter - Mech Hunter deck list guide (Descent of Dragons)
- 4. Secret Hunter - Secret Hunter deck list guide (Descent of Dragons)
- 5. Midrange Hunter - Midrange Hunter deck list guide (Descent of Dragons)
- 6. Highlander Dragon Hunter - Highlander Dragon Hunter deck list guide (Descent of Dragons)
- 7. Quest Hunter - Quest Hunter deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
You’re looking to play fast, forcing your opponent to respond to early board and waste their resources for later on when the Quest is complete. When they can’t clear your board, buff them up with Ramkahen Roar and whack the enemy’s face until they’re dead.
Early Game: Play your Quest on turn 1 before summoning as many minions as possible. You've got all sorts of cheap minions to drop on the board early on and get the Quest ticking over, as well as spells and other effects that'll keep you on the front foot. Desert Spear gives you a Rush minion with every attack, whilst Questing Explorer draws you a card if your Quest is still active. Force the enemy to use their resources clearing early dangers, and they’ll struggle big time later on.
Mid Game: It's pretty easy from here to keep the minions coming. Bone Wraith slows down your enemies' aggression, whilt Halazzi, the Lynx is present to refuel your hand with more minions to flood the board. Keep enemy pressure out with the super-powerful Faceless Corruptor, and Unleash the Hounds if your enemy happens to build themselves a large board. You're working towards Quest completion, and you should be well on your way at this point
Late Game: With the Quest complete, just keep applying pressure on the board. You’ll hopefully have access to the Ramkahen Roar Hero Power, so try to weave that into your turns if you can - the effect stacks and you may force enemy minions to take bad trades with your buffed-up beasts. The +2 attack granted by Ramkahen Roar is obviously more impactful the more minions you get onto the board, and the opponent will struggle to clear off minions you’ve buffed through Dire Frenzy.
Sometimes, a Swarm of Locusts can be the final straw for your opponent. Filling your entire board with Locusts who have Rush is massive, as they can be immediately buffed with your Hero Power and any who stay on board remain a threat. Shu'ma is a constant threat as well, filling your entire board with minions every single turn it stays alive, and if your opponent can't clear it, you've got a whole lot of value there. Ramkahen Roar means there's always pressure on your enemies, so keep playing your cards out until you run out or the enemy runs out of health.
Quest Hunter Mulligan Guide
Get your Beast game on.
1. Play the Quest on turn 1 and make up the tempo loss by following up with small minions. A Hench-Clan Hogsteed can see off a lot of enemy threats and bring the board back in your favour.
2. Clear the Way gives you the potential for a bunch of early value given all the cheap Rush minions you'll be summoning.
3. Questing Explorer is a no-brainer. It progresses your Quest whilst cycling your deck on turn 2, and you don't want to draw this card after your Quest is done.
Quest Hunter tips, combos and synergies
Aggression is key, and your spells and minions offer this in droves. Here's a few things to watch out for:
- Unseal the Vault's Quest reward is in some ways just a better version of Dinomancy from Journey to Un'Goro. Buffing up multiple minions at once is so important to this deck’s success, and increasing a minion’s health isn’t nearly as impactful.
- Faceless Corruptor transforms a friendly minion into a 5/4 with Rush, and given how many 1/1s you'll be summoning with this deck, it's not hard to find value with this card.
- Halazzi, the Lynx offers a massive amount of potential value to this deck. If you ever do run out of things to play out, this card will immediately refill your hand with tokens either to continue your Quest progress or to chuck minions on board to buff up.
- You don’t really have to go out of your way to complete Unseal the Vault. In the same vein as most of the Saviors of Uldum Quests, you can play the same game all the way through, as the Quest reward plays directly into that.
- Desert Spear is a solid weapon for this deck because it effectively does 2 damage rather than 1 thanks to the Loust with Rush it generates. It also helps you along with completing your Quest.
- Shu'ma gives you minions across your entire board at the end of your turn, all of which can be buffed with Ramkahen Roar if your enemy doesn't clear them. More are summoned each turn too, so it's a constant threat.