Our Highlander Dragon Hunter deck list guide features the best deck list for Season 73 of Hearthstone (April 2020). You can also find some general strategy advice and a breakdown of the deck’s key combos, but we will continue to add more for Highlander Dragon Hunter over time.
Highlander Dragon Hunter is a deck built around reaping the benefits of cards that work best when your deck contains no duplicates. A midrange build focused around getting Dinotamer Brann summoning King Krush to hit your opponent’s face on turn 7, your gameplan is to contest the board early and overwhelm your opponent when the opportunity arrives.
This deck’s main benefit brought about by the Descent of Dragons expansion is - you guessed it - Dragons. Stormhammer is a particularly powerful Dragon synergy card, offering you infinite durability on a 3 attack weapon as long as you have a Dragon in play.
We’ve got a whole bunch of ways Highlander Hunter can take down foes too, so don’t worry if the Dragons aren’t working out. We’ve got Rush minions and Beasts, as well as Dinotamer Brann, Zephrys the Great and Dragonqueen Alexstrasza to take advantage of your deck’s Highlander nature. Happy Hunting!
Highlander Dragon Hunter deck list and strategy
Here’s the Highlander Dragon Hunter we’re playing for the start of Ashes of Outland - we’ll keep you updated as the meta develops.
|1 x Tracking||1 x Guardian Augmerchant|
|1 x Dwarven Sharpshooter||1 x Zephrys the Great|
|1 x Pack Tactics||1 x Bad Luck Albatross|
|1 x Imprisoned Felmaw||1 x Evasive Feywing|
|1 x Scavenger's Ingenuity||1 x Faceless Corruptor|
|1 x Corrosive Breath||1 x Siamat|
|1 x Phase Stalker||1 x Dragonqueen Alexstrasza|
|1 x Kill Command|
|1 x Augmented Porcupine|
|1 x Unleash the Hounds|
|1 x Primordial Explorer|
|1 x Desert Spear|
|1 x Animal Companion|
|1 x Diving Gryphon|
|1 x Stormhammer|
|1 x Zixor, Apex Predator|
|1 x Mok'Nathal Lion|
|1 x Dragonbane|
|1 x Scrap Shot|
|1 x Rotnest Drake|
|1 x Veranus|
|1 x Dinotamer Brann|
|1 x Nagrand Slam|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAR8eqAK1A5cI2wn8owPkpAOmpQOEpwOKrQOLrQOOrQP7rwP8rwP+rwOHsAP9sAP/sAOCsQORsQPYsgOvtwPOuAODuQOiuQOkuQP2ugP5ugP/ugP7uwPevgMAAA==
- 1. Best Budget Decks - Hearthstone: Best Budget Decks for Ashes of Outland
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Ashes of Outland)
- 3. Dragonbane Face Hunter - Dragonbane Face Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 4. Beast Hunter - Beast Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 5. Midrange Hunter - Midrange Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 6. Highlander Dragon Hunter - Highlander Dragon Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 7. Quest Hunter - Quest Hunter deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
Your main goal is to utilise Beast and Dragon synergies in order to overwhelm your opponent, with a turn seven finishing blow from Dinotamer Brann’s summoning of the mighty King Krush (along with your army of minions from previous turns). Dragonqueen Alexstrasza and Zephrys the Great should help you on your way if you need a little bit extra too.
Obviously, this is the best case scenario, and the deck contains backup options for when you don’t happen to draw such a favourable curve. Powerful plays should be easy to come by, despite the fact that your deck has no duplicates. In fact, the unpredictability of a deck like this may just throw your opponent off-guard, as they have no way of knowing what cards to expect in your hand at a given point.
Early Game: You’re a Hunter, so play out early minions as much as possible. Given the natural lack of consistency this deck has, each game will begin very differently. With this in mind, play what you can and don’t get behind on the board. You have early-game minions like Dwarven Sharpshooter and Phase Stalker to contest the board, and your spells can be excellent tools to react to enemy moves.
Mid Game: This is where you start to take hold. Your Imprisoned Felmaw will be waking up, whilst the more expensive minions in your hand can be played now. Begin hitting your opponent’s face for damage if you get the chance, and ensure you weigh up the benefits of each trade before committing.
Get Stormhammer played once you’ve got a Dragon on board, and you’ve got a free 3 damage every turn. We’ve chucked a bunch of Dragons in this deck to enable this weapon’s ability, so keep an eye out and ensure you have one in play before swinging this weapon.
Late Game: By now you should be closing in on the kill. You’re on the hunt, and the enemy is limping. Now is a great time to slam Dinotamer Brann on the board, ruining your enemy’s hopes of coming back into the game. If the game is longer than you’d hope, you’ve always got big minions like Dragonqueen Alexstrasza and Dinotamer Brann to force that final hit of damage.
You’ll usually have enough fuel to reach the finish line. In an emergency, you have a great deal of opportunity to extend the game, and Negrand Slam is often enough of a finisher. If not, you can always duplicate a Deathrattle minion with Mok'Nathal Lion - a great one to target is Zixor, Apex Predator This'll give you extra copies of Zixor Prime, which can be buffed by Scavenger's Ingenuity and are excellent in the long run. Siamat is another excellent endgame minion, as you can give him keywords that’ll help you out of any predicament. Finally, if you’ve saved Zephrys the Great, he’ll give you the ‘perfect’ card from the Basic or Classic set, be it direct damage, board presence, or a full clear. It’ll often be enough to see you over the finish line, especially if you have a feel for what cards Zephrys will offer you in a given situation.
Highlander Hunter Mulligan Guide
Despite the staying power of this deck, you don’t want to get overrun early on.
1. Dwarven Sharpshooter: A well-statted 1 drop that'll give you a great deal of flexibility with your Hero Power.
2. Imprisoned Felmaw is a 2 mana 5/4. Insanely powerful, aside from the fact that it's Dormant for a couple turns. Playing it early will mean you get its benefit sooner, and it'll even attack an enemy upon awakening.
3. Phase Stalker is great early game, as it'll let you get Secrets out of your deck and in play, strengthening your later draws and boosting your board state.
Highlander Hunter tips, combos and synergies
Highlander Hunter is a simple deck to play, but keep an eye out for the following synergies and situations:
- Siamat is an amazing card to play in most situations. You’ll likely be using Rush and Divine Shield most of the time, but it’s important to keep an eye out for when something like Rush and Windfury may be better.
- Zephrys the Great can be used early to ensure you curve out properly, but it’s probably best used for that extra oomph in the late game. He’ll find lethal for you too, so if you think one of the options is a bit of an odd one, think about how you could play it for a win.
- Your Dragon package is extremely powerful, particularly alongside Stormhammer. It doesn’t lose Durability when you have a Dragon in play so try to always fulfil this requirement.
- A big issue to watch out for when playing this deck is Bomb Warrior. When multiple copies of the ‘Cast When Drawn’ bombs get put into your deck, both Zephrys the Great and Dinotamer Brann's Battlecry do not trigger. Be careful and don’t suffer the duel pain of playing a 7 mana 2/4 and getting beaten down by the seemingly endless explosives.
- Nightmare Amalgam is in this deck to activate Dragon synergies, but also works as a Beast for minions like Scavenging Hyena.
- Veranus works like Equality, but with a 7/6 body attached. Alongside Unleash the Hounds it acts as a full board clear.
- Negrand Slam, if you manage to play it on an empty board, deals 9 damage directly to the enemy face. A great closer if possible.