Our Red Dead Redemption 2: Rock Carvings locations page contains a list of all the Rock Carvings locations across the map and explains where to find them.
Bump into geologist Francis Sinclair and he’ll tell you of his search for special rock carvings. He asks you to go out and find 10 of these carving out in the world and send him their coordinates by post.
Mail off all 10 locations and you’ll be rewarded with a unique items that’s required to craft a special talisman at a fence. Of course, it’s by no means easy. Red Dead Redemption 2’s map is a vast expanse, so tracking down all the carvings could take many, many hours.
To save you both time and frustration, we’ve put together a guide that’ll take you through each and every rock carving location in the game. On top of this, we’ve also listed the quest reward too - which is well worth the effort by the way.
- All Legendary Animal locations - RDR2
- All Legendary Fish locations - RDR2
- All Dinosaur Bones locations - RDR2
- All Treasure Map Locations and solutions - RDR2
All Rock Carvings locations
Here’s a list of where you’ll be able to find all the rock carvings across the map.
- Rock Carving #1 - Right at the summit of Mount Hagen, located in the middle of Grizzlies West.
- Rock Carving #2 - On a rock ledge, just north of a wooden bridge that runs between Whinyard Strait, just north of Window Rock.
- Rock Carving #3 - On a rock ledge to the west of Bacchus Station, near the top of the large cliff that overlooks Dakota River.
- Rock Carving #4 - On a cliff face in west Cumberland, directly above a rope bridge that runs along the Dakota River.
- Rock Carving #5 - On a rock face found on the southwest shore of Owanjila Lake.
- Rock Carving #6 - On a darkened rock face near the peak of Mount Shann, located in Big Valley.
- Rock Carving #7 - On a cliff face overlooking the burned-out camp, southwest of Horseshoe Overlook.
- Rock Carving #8 - On the top of a large rock that overlooks Heartland Overflow. Head South from Moonstone Pond and it’s near the tracks.
- Rock Carving #9 - On a rock ledge near the top of Roanoke Ridge, directly south of Brandywine Drop.
- Rock Carving #10 - On a large rock face near the eastern shore of Elysian Pool.
This video by HarryNinetyFour will show you where to locate all the rock carvings, so it’s well worth a watch if you’re struggling to find them. Do remember to give the video a thumbs up and consider subscribing for more great stuff like this.