Our Malygos Rogue deck list guide features the best Rastakhan deck list for Season 61 of Hearthstone (April 2019). Our Malygos Rogue guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
Malygos Rogue is a deck that seeks to gather plenty of spell damage cards together, get the titular Malygos card in-hand as well, and then use its devastating damage-boosting effect to obliterate the opponent's health pool. In the latest Boomsday edition of the deck, you also have the means to create multiple Malygos minions as we'll explain.
Like so many Rogue decks, it is not easy to play Malygos Rogue to a consistently high standard. If you've shied away from other Rogue decks that rely on juggling complex combos, you should probably give this one a miss as well. If, on the other hand, you live to pile calculation onto calculation, then you're going to love playing this robust deck.
In our first Malygos Rogue update for the new meta you'll find a theorycrafted deck list and an overview of the strategy involved in played it - expect big updates for that section once the expansion is under way. We'll add in Mulligan advice when the meta is live, but you can get a breakdown of all the card combos at the bottom of the page.
UPDATE - MARCH 2019 #1
Malygos Rogue is very much a fringe deck at this stage of the Rastakhan meta, but as it is seeing some competitive play we wanted to update our guide with the latest deck list. We've also tweaked the strategy and combo advice to take the new cards into account.
Malygos Rogue deck list and strategy
This version of Malygos Rogue is about as good as it gets as we approach the end of the Rastakhan era.
|2 x Backstab||1 x Malygos|
|2 x Preparation|
|2 x Sinister Strike|
|1 x Cavern Shinyfinder|
|2 x Evasion|
|2 x Eviscerate|
|2 x Razorpetal Volley|
|1 x Roll the Bones|
|2 x Sap|
|2 x Shiv|
|2 x Fan of Knives|
|2 x Necrium Blade|
|2 x Elven Minstrel|
|1 x Kobold Illusionist|
|1 x Necrium Vial|
|2 x Vanish|
|1 x Valeera the Hollow|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAaIHBrQDwMwC5dECgNMC8OYC7PwCDLQBxAHNA70EmwXGBYgHhgn3wQLb4wLf4wLe+gIA
- 1. Saviors of Uldum - Hearthstone: Saviors of Uldum guide
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone: Tier List (Saviors of Uldum)
- 3. Tempo Rogue - Tempo Rogue deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- 4. Quest Rogue - Quest Rogue deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- 5. Mecha'thun Rogue - Mecha'thun Rogue deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- 5. Hooktusk Rogue - Hooktusk Rogue deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- 6. Mogu Rogue - Mogu Rogue deck list guide (Saviors of Uldum)
Your main objective is to get Malygos - or multiple copies of the card - onto the board so that your damage spells are significantly increased in strength. Cards like Eviscerate, Shiv and the spells from Razorpetal Lasher are key parts of that game-finishing damage.
Thanks to the launch of last year's Boomsday Project you now have a new way to spawn Malygos, and targeting Kobold Illusionist with Necrium Vial will spawn a pair of Dragons for you. If you can mix in Preparation first, you've the potential to unload a large number of your damage spells on a late-game turn, and get the match wrapped up and finished with.
That's the fundamentals of playing the deck, then. Check the combo section for a detailed breakdown of how the cards synergise with one another. This more than anything will give you the insight you need to pilot the deck in the early days.
Malygos Rogue Mulligan guide
These are the cards you should prioritise keeping during the Mulligan phase of each game.
- 1. Cavern Shinyfinder - This character contests the early-game and also guarantees you pull Necrium Blade, assuming a copy remains in your deck pile somewhere.
- 2. Elven Minstrel - Expensive for keeping in the early stages, but very useful and you want to get that combo off with a cheap spell.
Malygos Rogue tips, combos and synergies
Malygos Rogue is not an easy deck for new players, and it's vital you always keep track of your maths to see just how close you are to lethal damage. To help you get on top of all that, here's a look at all of the core synergies available in this collection of cards.
- Casting Preparation means the next spell you cast on the same turn will cost three Mana less. There's important synergy here with Kobold Illusionist and Necrium Vial, allowing you to potentially summon multiple Malygos minions and have Mana left over to dish out huge damage.
- Eviscerate, Sinster Strike, Shiv and Razorpetal Lasher are all powerful parts of your game-ending Malygos turn, so calculate your damage potential carefully at all times. Play something before Eviscerate to get that bonus damage.
- If casting Roll the Bones draws you a Deathrattle card, the spell will be cast once again. This effect can, potentially, go off multiple times.
- Cavern Shinyfinder will always pull Necrium Blade into your hand, assuming you have a copy of this weapon left somewhere in your remaining deckpile.
- Casting Valeera the Hollow grants you immunity for a turn and adds a token to your hand. Each turn that token turns into a copy of the last card you played, helping you achieve your big spell damage finale.
- When planning your damage output, keep in mind that all spells become five points more powerful when Malygos is out on the board. If you have more than one Malygos in play, that damage boost stacks!