Our Highlander Druid deck list guide features the best deck list for Season 65 of Hearthstone (August 2019). You can also find some general strategy advice and a breakdown of the deck’s key combos. This will be added to over time as new cards are revealed and the metagame begins to form.
Highlander Druid is a deck built around Elise the Enlightened. Her Battlecry reads: ‘If your deck has no duplicates, duplicate your hand’. An extremely powerful ability, but a restriction which makes it very tough to play. Nonetheless, we’ve concocted a flexible deck that can work alongside Elise’s deckbuilding condition.
An important part of this deck is Flobbidinous Floop, who becomes a 4 mana 3/4 copy of the last minion you played. The potential here is that when you play Elise the Enlightened, Floop turns into her, allowing you to play another Elise and so on. Several intriguing combos are sure to arise from this, but for our purposes, it serves as impressive flexibility, allowing repeated duplications of the desired hand.
As we're still unsure how the Saviors of Uldum meta will shake out, it's likely this deck will need some refining over the next few weeks.
Highlander Druid deck list and strategy
Here is the version of Highlander Druid we’re using for the start of Saviors of Uldum. Expect further refinements with card reveals and meta shifts, and we’ll be sure to update this page as and when they happen.
|1 x Innervate||1 x Bloodmage Thalnos|
|1 x Moonfire||1 x Doomsayer|
|1 x Pounce||1 x Loot Hoarder|
|1 x Biology Project||1 x Zephrys the Great|
|1 x Claw||1 x Wild Pyromancer|
|1 x Crystal Power||1 x Acolyte of Pain|
|1 x Floop's Glorious Gloop||1 x Zilliax|
|1 x Keeper Stalladris||1 x Gadgetzan Auctioneer|
|1 x Power of the Wild|
|1 x Wrath|
|1 x BEEEES|
|1 x Ferocious Howl|
|1 x Wardruid Loti|
|1 x Wild Growth|
|1 x Bite|
|1 x Flobbidinous Floop|
|1 x Garden Gnome|
|1 x Swipe|
|1 x Elise the Enlightened|
|1 x Starfall|
|1 x Nourish|
|1 x Starfire|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAZICHv4B0wPGhgOP9gKaCLmUA8X9Au0FigHJnAP7AfcD9gfEBvyjA/sMr6IDv/ICrtIC5AjBBPX8Au2iA0D0ogNWoIADpAdftwYAAA==
- 1. Best Budget Decks - Hearthstone: Best Budget Decks for Ashes of Outland
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Ashes of Outland)
- 3. Embiggen Druid - Embiggen Druid deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 4. Token Druid - Token Druid deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 5. Treant Druid - Treant Druid deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 6. Quest Druid - Quest Druid deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
As a Druid, it’s important to get a move on and get that mana.
Early Game: In the beginning, you’re looking to ramp your mana and survive the enemy’s onslaught. Wild Growth is essential here, and even Biology Project can be extremely useful, despite the fact that it also increases your opponent’s mana. Usually, you can make better use of it as a Druid, so just turn the other cheek and accept your charitable nature. Keeper Stalladris and Power of the Wild are excellent openers, with Stalladris offering you an extremely helpful extra cast of Choose One spells, something we had to forego to create this kind of deck. Just stay alive and ramp your mana so things can really get going.
Mid Game: Keep drawing cards. Your cycle cards like Acolyte of Pain and Loot Hoarder are useful here, but drawing your Gadgetzan Auctioneer can really get the ball rolling. Casting numerous 0 mana spells with it can help you rid yourself of low-value items and get straight to the good stuff. Get rid of your Innervate, Claw, anything that might not be useful in the late game. You probably only have one turn of this shenanigans, so make it count and get a hand filled with the likes of Elise the Enlightened, Flobbidonous Floop, and Swipe.
Late Game: Your win condition is likely to be sheer spell value. With copies of Elise and Floop, Floop turns into Elise, meaning you can keep repeating the Battlecry of Elise, duplicating your hand constantly. Of course, there are mana restrictions at play here, but your opponent can only survive so many Swipes to the face and board before running out of steam. If you’ve survived to this point in the game, you might even be in a position to pull off some wild plays involving BEEEES and Floop's Glorious Gloop which will grant you an outrageous amount of mana to play with.
In general though, this midrange Druid deck, topped off with a couple of hand-doubling cards, should be enough to see off your opponent as long as you keep the pressure on and are careful not to misuse the very powerful Elise the Enlightened Battlecry.
Highlander Druid Mulligan Guide
You need that sweet, sweet ramp and card draw. Let’s make it happen.
1. Wild Growth is a keeper almost every time. Despite its recent nerf by 1 mana, it still offers a significant advantage over your opponent, particularly when you’re heading towards the more vital turns of the game where every mana matters.
2. What are these vital turns? We hear you. The most vital turn is the one when you play your Gadgetzan Auctioneer and churn through your whole deck at a breakneck pace. Keeping this 6 mana 4/4 might sound silly, but when turn 6 hits and you chuck out all of those 0 mana spells, you’ll have the last laugh.
3. Keeper Stalladris is a decent card to keep around. At 2 mana, he can contest the board in a pinch, but his potential is so much higher when combined with one of the many Choose One spells available to Druids. He can create enough of a board swing with a couple of well-placed spells to completely turn a game’s tides.
Highlander Druid tips, combos and synergies
Highlander Druid is a complex one to pilot. You’ll need to adapt to your opponent in numerous ways, and use your resources sparingly. Here are some of our top tips for maximising your Elise the Enlightened deck:
- Keeper Stalladris is an important part of this deck’s gameplan. Without his extra card generation, you’ll probably struggle to survive until the late game, so use him carefully, maybe alongside Power of the Wild for example, in order to give him a small buff to improve survivability. The more he sticks around, the more annoyed your opponents will get, and isn’t that what Hearthstone’s all about?
- Cards like Bite and BEEEES Are largely there to keep the enemy out of the game. Sometimes your plays may feel inefficient, but you’ll make all of that tempo back when you keep copying your copies of Elise the Enlightened/Flobbidinous Floop.
- Wardruid Loti hasn’t got a huge amount of love since her release in Rastakhan’s Rumble, but this deck is her ideal environment. With such a restriction, flexibility is a must-have, and Loti’s four forms offer an excellent source of utility based on your situation.
- Wrath has the potential to be a great card, especially if played alongside Keeper Stalladris. In the situation when you don’t draw the legendary, however, try to find a situation where you can use Wrath’s ‘draw a card’ capability. It’ll help you reach your powerful late-game cards faster, which are honestly the cards you’re looking to duplicate.
Gadgetzan Auctioneer is the architect of a lot of big swing turns. If you have him in hand and a cheap spell or two, that could truly be the best deal anywhere.
- Doomsayer can be played on empty boards to great effect. Often, opponents will try to expand their board presence swiftly, but aggro players can’t do so into a Doomsayer without the chance to kill it. It can buy you a valuable turn, perhaps until you play your Stalladris or Gadgetzan Auctioneer.
- Don’t forget Bloodmage Thalnos’ Spell Damage ability! Often, he’s used primarily as just another loot hoarder, but he can really save you from a nasty situation when used alongside something like Swipe, Starfall, or even Moonfire.
- Wild Pyromancer can be combined effectively with Acolyte of Pain to facilitate your card draw and maximise the benefit gained from the 3 mana 1/3. If the Auctioneer isn’t available, this could be the next best combination.
- Pounce, Claw and Bite can be all used on the same turn for a surprising finisher, adding up to 8 attack for your hero. Multiplying the cards with Elise the Enlightened can lead to an even bigger impact.