Our Galakrond Secret Rogue deck list guide features the best Scholomance Academy list for Season 77 of Hearthstone (August 2020). You can also find some general strategy advice and a breakdown of the deck’s key combos. We will continue to update so our Galakrond Secret Rogue deck list is the best it can be.
The Rogue class' Secret synergies remain super strong, and although this archetype hasn't received a huge amount of fancy new gear in Scholomance Academy, it's solid enough as is thanks to the likes of Shadowjeweler Hanar and the Galakrond package.
With Galakrond, the Nightmare, Heistbaron Togwaggle, and Flik Skyshiv amongst others, this isn't the cheapest deck to build from scratch but if you happen to have the cards then go for it!
Galakrond Secret Rogue deck list and strategy
Here’s our favourite Galakrond Secret Rogue deck at the moment in Scholomance Academy. Check back for more info once the meta develops though!
|2 x Backstab||2 x Devoted Maniac|
|2 x Pharaoh Cat||2 x Faceless Corruptor|
|2 x Praise Galakrond!||2 x Shield of Galakrond|
|2 x Blackjack Stunner||1 x Kronx Dragonhoof|
|2 x Bamboozle|
|1 x Dirty Tricks|
|1 x Shadowjeweler Hanar|
|1 x Eviscerate|
|2 x Ambush|
|1 x Edwin VanCleef|
|2 x EVIL Miscreant|
|2 x Seal Fate|
|1 x Flik Skyshiv|
|1 x Heistbaron Togwaggle|
|1 x Galakrond, the Nightmare|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAaIHCLICiAeSlwPBrgPjtAPOuQPLwAP7xAMLtAGPlwP1pwO5rgP+rgOqrwPOrwOCsQPMuQPQuQO5vgMA
Focus on making the most of your Secret synergies, and try to trick your opponent into playing their activators.
Early game: This deck plays pretty much on-curve to begin with. Pharaoh Cat will give you a free Reborn minion to keep contesting the board, and Praise Galakrond! can offer an early bit of extra damage whilst generating a Lackey in hand. Remember - every time you Invoke Galakrond as a Rogue, you get a Lackey which can offer a huge amount of potential value if you use them wisely.
If you get Shadowjeweler Hanar to stick on the board, get some Secrets played as soon as possible. Ambush is a great early one to get stats on the board, and Hanar will give you a Secret from another class with every Secret you play. You'll be able to Discover the Secret too, so choose based on the enemy's playstyle. Of course, be careful with Bamboozle though - you might want your Shadowjeweler Hanar to stay on board rather than transform into a minion that costs 3 mana more!
Mid game: EVIL Miscreant and all your mid-game Lackey generating cards should keep you from running out of resources as well, so give this a shot whenever you get the chance. You always have the opportunity, especially with Lackeys in the mid-game, to build an absolutely giant Edwin VanCleef too, which can lead to a swift victory if the enemy can't deal with it.
Just keep playing on curve, getting Secrets out there whenever possible and if you can, pop off a bit with Hanar.
Late game: By the time you've Invoked Galakrond enough to get him fully upgraded, you can play him out. He'll draw 4 cards and change their costs to 1, before giving you a constant stream of Lackeys to choose from. From here, you just want to keep the pressure up. Remember, Kronx Dragonhoof is a solid finisher both if you go face and if you buff a wide board.
- 1. Best Budget Decks - Hearthstone: Best Budget Decks for Ashes of Outland
- 2. Tier List - Hearthstone deck tier list (Ashes of Outland)
- 3. Stealth Rogue - Stealth Rogue deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 4. Tempo Rogue - Tempo Rogue deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 5. Secret Rogue - Secret Rogue deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 6. Galakrond Rogue - Galakrond Rogue deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 7. Malygos Rogue - Malygos Rogue deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
Galakrond Secret Rogue Mulligan guide
These are the cards you’ll want to make the best possible start with Galakrond Secret Rogue:
- 1. Pharaoh Cat is great to start with. It generates value and offers a body to play something like Praise Galakrond! on.
- 2. Shadowjeweler Hanar is a great card to get on board early, giving you massive recurring Secret value and is hard to kill with 1/5 stats.
- 3. If you have Shadowjeweler Hanar, it's often a good idea to keep a Secret in hand too, like Ambush. This'll let you trigger Hanar's effect.
- 4. EVIL Miscreant and his Lackeys are great for all points in the game, and coining it out is often a solid play to activate the Combo.
Galakrond Secret Rogue tips, combos and synergies
Here’s a few combos and interactions to look out for with Galakrond Secret Rogue.
- Faceless Corruptor transforms a friendly minion into a 4/4 with Rush. This works great when you play a 1/1 Lackey, of which you have absolutely loads.
- Bamboozle is best used alongside low-statted Battlecry or Combo minions. Turning EVIL Miscreant into a random 6-cost minion is potentially super powerful.
- Flik Skyshiv should usually be used as simple hard removal, but if you're worried about your enemy pulling out a bunch of buffed-up Tomb Wardens, he'll destroy every copy of the minion.
- Each game will play out differently thanks to your differing Shadowjeweler Hanar pulls. Remember that each Secret you Discover also triggers the Minion's effect though.
- You can only have up to 5 Secrets in play at once.
- Galakrond, the Nightmare equips a 5/3 Weapon if you Invoke him 4 times before playing him, which is sometimes enough to secure lethal.
- The classes you can discover Secrets from are Paladin, Hunter, and Mage. The Paladin class' Secrets cost 1 mana, Hunter's cost 2, and Mage's cost 3.
- Kronx Dragonhoof has four potential Devastations. Decimation deals 5 to the enemy Hero and heals yours by 5. Reanimation summons an 8/8 Dragon with Taunt. Domination gives all your other minions +2/+2. Annihilation deals 5 to all enemy minions. Depending on your game’s state, you’ll want to choose carefully - sometimes you just want to end it all, whereas on other occasions you need to clear the board of enemy threats.