Our Wild Pirate Warrior deck guide features the best deck list for the Un'Goro metagame, with Mulligan advice, strategy tips and crucial card combos.
Wild Pirate Warrior is an extremely aggressive deck that leans heavily on Hearthstone's Pirate category of cards to create a formidable fighting force from the very first turn.
For the most part you'll be using your weapon to trim down your opponent's side of the board, but don't feel afraid to slam that damage into the enemy's health pool instead as the finishing line approaches. If you're only a turn or two away from dishing out lethal damage, the extra push can make a real difference.
As with all aggro decks you must always keep one eye on the damage you have available in your hand, and continually appraise how many turns you - potentially - are from finishing up a match altogether. This isn't a complex deck to play, but a little smart thinking will definitely be good for your win-rate!
Editor's note - Pirate Warrior is in an extremely stable place right now, and so the deck list we're highlighting this month should prove solid throughout the Un'Goro metagame. This is one of the most powerful decks available for the Wild ladder as well, so you can look forward to a very rapid climb through the ranks.
BREAKING NEWS! - Don't miss our Journey to Un'Goro guide, which contains everything we know about the next expansion for Hearthstone!
Wild Pirate Warrior deck list and strategy - Un'Goro
Here's the best Pirate Warrior deck list we know of for the Un'Goro metagame:
|2 x N'Zoth's First Mate||TOG||1 x Patches the Pirate||MSG|
|2 x Upgrade!||1 x Sir Finley Mrrgglton||LOE|
|2 x Fiery War Axe||2 x Southsea Deckhand|
|2 x Heroic Strike||2 x Bloodsail Raider|
|2 x Bloodsail Cultist||TOG||2 x Ship's Cannon||GVG|
|2 x Frothing Berserker||2 x Southsea Captain|
|2 x Death's Bite||NAX||2 x Dread Corsair|
|2 x Kor'kron Elite||1 x Leeroy Jenkins|
|1 x Arcanite Reaper|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID:
For general strategy advice, take a look at our comprehensive Pirate Warrior guide for the Standard format.
Wild Pirate Warrior Mulligan guide - Un'Goro
Fiery War Axe is always your most important keep, but the following minions will also prove valuable in just about every match-up: N'Zoth's First Mate, Sir Finley Mrrgglton, Southsea Deckhand and Bloodsail Raider.
In aggro matches, Ship's Cannon is a solid keep if you know you have a Pirate to feed it with. In slower match-ups, Southsea Captain provides extra strength for your rather flimsy minions.
One final note: always throw Patches the Pirate back, as you want one of your other Pirates to pull this minion into play for free!
More popular guides
Wild Pirate Warrior tips, combos and synergies - Un'Goro
Here are the combos you need to be aware of when playing Wild Pirate Warrior.
- Patches the Pirate will be put into play for free when you play another Pirate class of card, but he must be in your deck rather than your hand for the effect to go off.
- If you have any weapon in your hand, Southsea Deckhand will be able to attack on the same turn that he's played out onto the board.
- Upgrade! increases the stats of any existing weapon you have equipped. If there's nothing in your hand at the time, you'll gain a primitive 1/3 weapon to use instead.
- If you play Bloodsail Raider while you have a weapon in your hand, she'll gain extra Attack value to match your weapon's.
- Every time you play a Pirate while Ship's Canon is out on the board, two points of damage will be flung at a randomly chosen target.
- It's important to achieve the extra weapon value provided by Bloodsail Cultist, so try to avoid playing her without the bonus Battlecry effect going off.
- Plan your turn carefully before making any trades, as Frothing Berserker gains Attack strength every time a minion - friendly or otherwise - takes damage.
- Southsea Captain's stat-boosting effect only lasts as long as he does. When he's taken out by your opponent, you'll lose any buffs that are active on your Pirate minions.
- Consider how the Deathrattle effect of Death's Bite will affect your own minions, particularly when it comes to ramping up Frothing Berserker.
- The Attack value of the weapon in your hand - if you have one - will reduce the Mana cost of Dread Corsair by an equivalent amount.