Our Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris DLC guide contains everything you need to know about Destiny 2’s first expansion.
Destiny 2's first DLC expansion is called the Curse of Osiris and it's due for release in just a matter of hours from the time this article was published! Set after the conclusion of the main campaign, it focuses on Warlock Ikora Rey's relationship with her former master Osiris, and a looming Vex army that threatens to wipe us all out. That doesn't sound good.
To handle this incoming threat, Guardians will visit the sandy wastes of Mercury in a hunt to track down Osiris and participate in a slew of brand new story missions, Strikes and more.
To help you get all the information you need, we've put together a handy guide that covers absolutely everything coming in the DLC, and all the pre-release information that accompanied it as well.
Editor's UPDATE #8: We've given given this guide a once over to make sure everything's up to date now that the Curse of Osiris expansion has been out for a number of months. We'll continue to update this guide if Bungie's got anything else in store for players when it comes to Mercury or Osiris, so keep this page bookmarked for the latest information!
Curse of Osiris: Guide Hub
We’ve been busy putting together a number of guides that’ll help you get to grips with all the brand new content that’s been introduced with the Curse of Osiris DLC. Below we’ve gathered all the guides into one place so it’s easier to find exactly what you’re looking for.
Mercury is the new destination being added to the Destiny 2 universe with the launch of Curse of Osiris guide. Here are all of our survival guides for making it on the brand new world.
Lost Prophecy Verses
If you've completed the Curse of Osiris campaign and the Adventures Brother Vance has to offer, you'll be able to purchase Lost Prophecy Verses. Gather the right ingredients to activate them and a unique, very powerful weapon will be in your hands.
For a complete breakdown of how all Lost Prophecies, weapon forging and gathering ingredients works, make sure you head on over to the guide we've linked below - it'll get you up to speed in no time.
Secrets and Easter Eggs
As with any big Destiny 2 update or event, there's always a few secrets in store. This time it's no different, as the Curse of Osiris holds a number of mysteries that are yet to be solved. Anything from legendary characters suddenly returning from out of nowhere, to powerful weapons that we know exist, but haven't been obtained by anyone - yet.
If you're interested in everything elusive in the expansion, make sure you take a look at out our Curse of Osiris Easter Eggs and Secrets page for more. We'll continously update it as the community unearths more strange findings, so keep checking back for the latest puzzling finds!
A slew of brand new Exotic weapons and armour pieces are now available for you to collect. These are easily the most sought after items in Destiny 2 and grant Guardians huge power boosts when equipped thanks to their unique perks.
If you're after a list of every Exotic weapon and armour piece you can collect, along with perk descriptions and more, make sure you check out our Curse of Osiris - Exotic weapon and armour guide.
Two new Strikes are being provided with Curse of Osiris and we've produced essential guides to completing them both. They'll help you overcome every encounter and defeat the mighty Dhendron and Valus Thuun.
Heroic Strikes are - finally - being added to Destiny 2. In our guide to this fresh twist on old content you'll find details on what to expect when you hop into the Heroic Strike playlist.
You've probably already rinsed the game's Public Events system to death by now, but Bungie believes the new event being released with Curse of Osiris - Vex Crossroads - is the toughest one by far. We'll see about that...
More guns, more maps and more people to laser in the face. Curse of Osiris adds three new PVP maps to the game, and we've gone deep on each one with all the tups, tricks and strategy advice you need to dominate.
New to Destiny 2, Raid Lairs are essentially mini-raids set in the game's existing Raid. The first Raid Lair is set in the Underbelly of the Leviathan, which means your fireteam will be diving into the belly of the beast and taking on some surprising challenges in the process.
To help you out, we've put together a complete walkthrough to each encounter that's filled to the brim with strategy advice.
Curse of Osiris: Sandbox Changes
With the Curse of Osiris DLC launch, Destiny 2's also undergone some drastic changes in terms of tweaks to core mechanics. Things like grenade damage, loot drop rates and more have been altered to make the game a better experience for every Guardian.
Bungie's posted an enormous set of patch notes on their official blog, so make sure you take a look if you're interested in reading absolutely everything that's changing with the Curse of Osiris.
For an easy to understand breakdown of all the patch notes, we've linked a video by Houndish down below.
If you found the video useful, do make sure to give it a thumbs up to support the creator!
Important Changes to Base Game
Here's a few things that Curse of Osiris has altered in the base game.
- Raised the max Power Level from 305, to 330.
- Raised the Raid and Prestige Raid Power Level requirements to 300 and 330 respectively.
- Seemingly locked players who don't own the DLC out of Nightfall Strikes and the Prestige Raid.
- Following on from the point above, this means players without the DLC cannot acquire the Legend of Acrius Exotic Shotgun.
PRE-RELEASE INFORMATION BELOW
UPDATE: 5th December
It's launch day, and that means one final launch trailer for us to feast our eyes upon. It's filled with quite a few details, including armour sets, weapons and more. Arekkz has done a fantastic job breaking it down, so make sure to watch his video below to see the trailer in queston and his expert analysis.
UPDATE: 1st December
In Bungie's latest weekly blog post they've dropped a brand new teaser trailer showcasing some brand new weapons and armour sets coming in the Curse of Osiris.
Here's the trailer.
It's all tightly squeezed into a package of clips, but here's a few highlights from the tease.
- The Solar Trace Rifle.
- Three Guardians sporting white and gold armour. On top of this, the horned Titan helm!
- The grenade launcher which fires organic shells that scuttle across the floor and seek out targets.
- The Mic Drop and Sweeper Bot emotes.
The Curse of Osiris is just around the corner and we'll continue to update this guide with important information on the run up to launch. Once it's released, we'll be getting stuck in just like all of you and making sure we completely overhaul this guide with all sorts of juicy information. It's a good idea to bookmark this page if you want to get ahead of the competition!
UPDATE: 29th November 2017
Bungie has announced that its third Curse of Osiris livestream has been cancelled. Instead, Bungie will be addressing community concerns and the current state of the game in a detailed blog post later today (29th November 2017).
Originally Bungie planned to show off some of Curse of Osiris' armour sets, and although we won't see them courtesy of the stream, content creators will still release their own recorded footage from a DLC preview event.
We'll make sure to soak up as much information on all the armour sets and other details revealed by those lucky enough to play the DLC early and pop this information here for you - stay tuned for a big update!
UPDATE: 27th November 2017
Bungie has announced a brand new PVP map and Strike which'll be introduced with the Curse of Osiris DLC. We've got all the details for you below.
It's also worth noting that Bungie's third and final DLC livestream is taking place this Wednesday (29th November) and it's going to contain some vital information on not only the expansion but future quality of life updates to Destiny 2. We'll be covering all the important details here, so stay tuned for all that very soon.
PVP Map: Pacifica
Here's our first tease of a new PVP map that's coming in the Curse of Osiris. It's set on Titan and will see us do battle against other Guardians on top of an enormous ocean rig - expect some serious platforming.
Battle atop one of Titan's massive ocean rigs in the new competitive multiplayer map, Pacifica, coming 12/5 in Expansion I: Curse of Osiris. pic.twitter.com/NkgBsG3h0x— Destiny The Game (@DestinyTheGame) November 25, 2017
After further information and future tips and tricks? Check out our Pacifica guide for all the latest strategy advice!
Strike: A Garden World
In addition to a PVP map reveal, Bungie also unveiled that one of the Strikes coming with Curse of Osiris DLC.
Here's the teaser.
A Vex Mind has gone out-of-control and it's up to you and Osiris to destroy it before it's too late in Expansion I: Curse of Osiris' new Strike, A Garden World. pic.twitter.com/15dhqzMpmG— Destiny The Game (@DestinyTheGame) November 26, 2017
Turns out we'll be putting a stop to a rampant Vex Mind with the help of Osiris himself. We'll be putting together a full walkthrough when we've had a chance to play it ourselves, so bookmark our A Garden World Strike guide to get a head start.
”The Curse of Osiris” will release on the 5th December 2017.
Destiny 2's first expansion also launches alongside Season 2, so make sure you check out our Season 2 guide for even more info on all the other content coming to the game in the near future.
Curse of Osiris Livestream #2 - 21st November 2017
The second of three livestreams took place yesterday evening and we've rounded up all the exciting new details on what activities you'll be able to get up to in the Curse of Osiris.
New Public Event
- There's one brand new Public Event that Bungie's made exclusively for Mercury.
- The event is called Vex Crossroads and is one of the most complex Public Events yet.
- During the event, you'll be taking out Vex Gatekeepers that drop keys (Arc Charges). You use these keys to spawn in booster pads that'll transport you to a new area or island.
- The final boss is called the Gate Lord that's essentially a very large Vex Minotaur that turns invulnerable periodically. When it's in this state, you'll need to take out more Vex Gatekeepers to disable its shield.
- The islands/areas are exclusive to the Public Event and cannot be accessed otherwise.
- This Public event rewards you with two chests and granted the player with 2 Mercury Tokens and a Rare piece of gear.
The Infinite Forest
- The Infinite Forest is a huge Vex simulation. They've hollowed out most of Mercury to build this enormous structure. It's main purpose is to explore an infinite number of possibilities throughout time that'll ultimately bring about the Vex's success in ruling the universe.
- A handful of Adventures will take place inside the Infinite Forest.
- The Infinite Forest isn't procedurally generated, but it will provide a somewhat randomised experience. Bungie has handcrafted a number of random scenarios which means each run will be a little different to the last.
- Bungie likened the Infinite Forest to a bunch of LEGO blocks that assemble themselves in different ways to give you a varied gameplay experience.
- All of the combatant races are present in the Infinite Forest.
Prophecy Verses and The Forge
- Brother Vance will have three different Lost Prophecy Verses for sale. If you purchase one, you'll be assigned a mini-quest where you'll have to gather a certain number of ingredients which can be obtained through a variety of Mercury based activities - Strikes, Adventures and Public Events for example.
- Once you've gathered all the ingredients, you'll use them in your inventory to activate the Lost Propechy verse itself before returning to Brother Vance to collect your new item. Next, it's a case of heading over to the Forge in the Lighthouse and interacting with it. You'll receive a unique Legendary Weapon.
- There are a total of 11 Lost Prophecy weapons to forge.
- The Lighthouse has been streamlined for ease of access. There are also mysteries you can solve within the Lighthouse itself, although it remains to be seen what exactly this entails.
- Heroic Adventures have been introduced to the game. They feature modifiers and are tougher than their normal counterparts.
- Two new Strikes have been added to the game. You'll be introduced to them as solo missions during the campaign and once you've completed them they'll be added to your Strike playlist. There are two versions of these strikes, a solo version integrated into the story, and a regular strike designed for 3 players.
Curse of Osiris Livestream #1 - 15th November 2017
Here's the latest information from the first stream which gave us our first glimpse of what Destiny 2's first expansion has to offer, split off into separate categories.
- A Heroic Strike playlist will be included, allowing players to earn better loot for beater much tougher challenges.
- New planet Mercury will feature the largest Public Event yet released for the game. Expect more details on that front in the run up to launch.
- The new social hub - The Lighthouse - will be the home of Brother Vance, formerly of Trials of Osiris.
- The new Power Level cap is confirmed once more to be 330.
- The Infinite Forest region changes each time you pass through it, and will feature new enemies and encounters.
- You can use the Infinite Forest to reach different timelines in the past, present and future. This is achieved by activating certain trees in the forest.
- You'll meet various NPCs in the Infinite Forest and use it to kick off mission storylines in Curse of Osiris.
- The Lost Sectors featured in Mercury won't be marked anywhere on the map until you've completed the DLC campaign.
- The next raid content is called Leviathan, Eater of Worlds.
- This content takes place in the Underbelly section of Calus' ship, where you typically head into to find extra loot chests and make use of shortcuts.
- Although shorter in duration than the vanilla raid experience, it's going to be much more difficult, and is designated as something called a Raid Lair.
- There will be a Prestige mode available for the new content.
- Expect a brief delay between the launch of the new DLC and the new raid content becoming available.
- There will be a recommended minimum Power Level of 310 for Eater of Worlds.
- Osiris is in the Infinite Forest attempting to work out what the Vex's plan is.
- The storyline picks up a couple of months after the conclusion of Destiyn 2's core storyline.
More from Paris Games Week 2017
Bungie revealed even more information on the Curse of Osiris DLC in a press conference behind closed doors at Paris Games Week 2017. While it's only two very specific bits of information, they're still pretty big reveals nonetheless!
- The base character level cap will be raised from 20 to 25.
- The power level cap will be raised from 300 to 330.
This'll give players an even greater reason to get stuck into the expansion and suggests we'll have to reach these milestones to unlock additional end-game content - very exciting.
For a full breakdown of absolutely everything else that was revealed, make sure you check out the sections just below.
Paris Games Week 2017 Trailer Breakdown
A brand new Curse of Osiris trailer was revealed at Paris Games Week 2017 which showcased a whole host of exciting gameplay footage. We’ve embedded the trailer for you to watch below and included a complete breakdown of all the key details hidden inside.
Credit to much of this information goes to Youtuber “Unknown Player” who’s got a fantastic DLC footage breakdown video which you should definitely watch.
- Of course, there’s a ton of new armour sets and lovely shots of Mercury.
- There’s a shot of the Lighthouse at around the 0:44 mark, but another shot at 0:46 which shows The Lighthouse in a dark, crumbling state. We know there’s going to be an element of time travel to this DLC, so this suggests we’ll be visiting locations in the present, past and future.
- We finally get our first look at one of Destiny’s most famed characters, Osiris. What you may not have noticed is that he’s fighting through the Vault of Glass Raid which was originally playable in Destiny 1. Stop the trailer at 1:04 and you’ll see the other Guardians he’s fighting with completely frozen in time. Expect the full cinematic in the DLC.
- At 1:12 we get a glimpse of a returning Exotic weapon from Destiny 1 called the Jade Rabbit. It was a scout rifle exclusive to Playstation users until only recently!
- At 1:13 we see a Guardian wielding another returning Exotic from the original Destiny. It’s a fusion rifle entitled Telesto which creates delayed explosive blasts with every shot - nice.
- Stop the clock at 1:15 and you’ll see what looks like another returning Exotic weapon. It’s got exactly the same model as the No Time to Explain pulse rifle from the original Destiny, albeit with an Osiris themed reskin.
- At 1:16 we get a close up of a brand new Trace Rifle which looks like a Solar version of Coldheart.
Our most popular Destiny 2 guides:
DLC PVP Gameplay
Youtuber “My name is Byf” seems to have a footage of brand new PVP gameplay from the Curse of Osiris DLC. We’ve linked his video down below and you’ll want to skip to 3:34 for all the good stuff.
Again, Youtuber “Unknown Player” provides a brilliant dissection of this new footage and uncovers even more juicy details which we’ve summarised down below.
- The base level cap has been raised from 20, to 25. Note the level above the heads of Guardians running at around the 4:01 mark. You’ll also see Telesto in action here!
- Stop the clock at 4:08 and you’ll see a Hunter wearing a menacing helmet with a glowing purple visor. It’s a returning Exotic armour piece from the original game called the Graviton Forfeit.
- There’s a brand new Exotic emote coming to the game which makes your Guardian take a selfie.
- The new PVP map they’re playing on is called Wormhaven.