How to achieve the best FPS settings to boost performance in Realm Royale.
Above all else, Realm Royale is a competitive game where advantage counts towards the ultimate aim. You’re not flying into a map filled with weapons, armour and items to make friends after all, you’ve signed up for a battle to the death with many other players to see who remains standing once the dust has settled.
If you want to gain a significant baseline advantage in Realm Royale one of the first places you should turn to is the options menu. While it might be a little intimidating if you’ve never been one to tinker with settings, making positive changes here is a straightforward process that can significantly impact your play with minimum fuss.
Tweaking settings becomes especially important if your PC is struggling to run Realm Royale and you’re seeing a few frame rate issues here and there. Regardless of whether you’re running the game easily, or just managing to eek out enough FPS, getting stuck into the options menu is a must if you want to bag the best possible gameplay experience.
To help you out we’ve put together a guide that’ll take you through how to change your Realm Royale settings to get the best possible FPS out of your system, and gain a competitive edge over your enemies as a result.
When you're done here, make sure you check out our Realm Royale guide as it's constantly being updated with ways to help you get better at the game!
How to get best FPS settings
Here are all the settings you’ll need to tweak in order to get the best possible performance from Realm Royale.
Getting to game settings
First, you’ll need to navigate to the “Options” menu:
- Once you’re at the main menu screen, select “Options”.
- You’ll automatically be in the right “Video” menu where you can tweak a whole bunch of different video options.
Graphics settings tweaks
Here’s a list of simple tweaks that’ll help boost your FPS.
- Use D3D11 - Set this to Enabled.
- Resolution - Set this to your monitor’s native resolution.
- Screen Type - It’s best to go Full Screen.
- Resolution Scale - We recommend going 100.
- Anti-Aliasing - Turn this Off.
- Vertical Sync - Disable this.
- World Detail - Set this to Very High.
- Shadow Detail - Reduce this to High.
- Texture Detail - Reduce this to High.
- Particle Detail - Reduce this to High.
- Shader Quality - Set this all the way down to Medium.
More Realm Royale guides
- Guide - Our core Realm Royale guide containing all our detailed coverage - Realm Royale - Guide
- Best Class Tier List - Our ranking of the best classes to play in Realm Royale - Realm Royale - Best class tier list
- Map Guide - All the zones and Forge locations that you can find in the game - Realm Royale - Map guide (Forge locations and loot spots)
- Tips and Tricks - Our growing collecton of tips for winning more matches - Realm Royale - Tips, tricks and strategy advice
- Shards and Forges - How to get more Shards and spend them at the Forge - Realm Royale - How to get more Shards and spend them at the Forge
NVIDIA settings optimisation
If you've got an NVIDIA Graphics Card you can gain a slight performance boost by heading into your NVIDIA Control Panel and tweaking a few settings. While this method won't give you enormous FPS gains, it's still worth doing!
Just follow this simple step by step guide:
- Click the arrow in the bottom right of your desktop tray to bring up an icon menu. Right click the Nvidia logo (green and black) and select "NVIDIA Control Panel".
- Select "Manage 3D Settings" followed by “Program Settings” and find "Realm Royale" or "TslGame" in the drop down menu entitled “Select program to customise”. If you can't find it, click "Add", find “Realm” and select it.
- Set "Maximum pre-rendered frames" to 1.
- Set "Monitor Technology" to "G-SYNC" if applicable. Otherwise leave it be.
- Set "Power management mode" to "Prefer maximum performance".
- Set "Preferred refresh rate" to "Highest Available".
- Set "Threaded Optimisation" to "On".
- Set "Vertical Sync" to "Use the 3D application setting".
Make sure you check out our Realm Royale System Requirements page if you’re unsure if your PC can run the game at all!