A new patch has just been applied to the PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) test server. Patch notes outlining a number of changes have been released alongside the update.
For the most part, the latest update focuses on fixing a number of bugs in the environment, as well as improving in-game performance. There are also some changes to the player reporting system to help the team crack down even further on cheaters.
As well as releasing the patch notes, the developers have also announced that the team is moving away from the maximum ping limit that had been mooted for matchmaking purposes towards the end of 2017.
Instead, the new matchmaking system will now divide the playerbase according to their connection quality. This should help ensure a more even playing field between gamers with similar connection speeds, as they interact with the game servers.
Exact dates for when these matchmaking tests will go live have yet to be confirmed, although the team believes that they will begin at some point this week. It's not entirely clear whether these experiments will take place on the test or live servers either.
Those of you who have been waiting for the content roadmap to make an appearance should be encouraged by the news that it will be revealed at the start of March. According to the announcement we can also look forward to at least a new map to play on at some point in the first half of 2018!
Here are the full test server patch notes:
- Replaced some fences in Miramar to unbreakable fences or walls in order to optimize the client.
- When the player is riding in the airplane, they will no longer be able to see the inside of the airplane. This is to improve the early game client and server performance
- Other players will be visible once they jump out of the airplane
- When riding the airplane, you can check the number of remaining passengers via the new UI element at the bottom left of the screen
- When reporting someone through the replay system, we now receive a 1 minute replay file centered on the point of your report
- It is impossible to report through a replay file which has been created longer than a week ago
- It is impossible to report the same player multiple times in the same replay file
More popular PUBG guides!
- Fixed the issue where the player would die from falling when vaulting and climbing
- Fixed the issue where after reconnecting to the game, the player would get a glitched view when using ADS on their weapon
- Fixed the issue where the player didn’t receive any damage after entering a vehicle from a prone position and then exiting while the vehicle was moving
- Fixed the issue where after entering the vehicle (passenger seat) from prone position and using heal/boost items, the player was shown using the items in prone position instead of sitting down
- Made changes to prevent the reduced heal/boost time cheat