Our PUBG Mobile Season 5 guide contains the release date, theme, new skins and outfits, and Elite Pass details of the next period of competitive play.
Season 4 of PUBG Mobile has come to a close and ushered in Season 5, bringing with it a tonne of new content for fans of the game on portable devices.
Season 5 has brought with it a slew of new content, including fancy outfits, game modes and more to mess around with. In this article we've pulled together everything you need to know about PUBG Mobile's latest Season.
We'll make sure to keep this guide updated as more patches are introduced throughout the season.
UPDATE - 21st January 2019
Season 5 is now live! Here's the official trailer which gives you a sneak peek at some of the new cosmetic items you'll be able to earn:
UPDATE - 18th January 2019
The PUBG Mobile twitter account has confirmed that the Season 5 update will arrive on Saturday 19th January at 02:00am GMT. Here's the embedded tweet:
Season 5 and the new season Royale pass will be available at UTC 2AM, Jan 19th.PUBG MOBILE (@PUBGMOBILE) 18 January 2019
PUBG MOBILE 0.10.5 Patch Notes:- Added Mk47 - Added Laser Sight - Vikendi is now available when creating rooms - The Classic voice is back! - Royale Pass and Ranked Mode Season 5 are here! Others - Vikendi's loot has been tuned- The shop has been adjusted pic.twitter.com/LAMxYuGXx7PUBG MOBILE (@PUBGMOBILE) 18 January 2019
Here are the full patch notes for the Season 5 update:
- Added MK47, which can be found in Erangel, Miramar, and Sanhok. It fires 7.62mm rounds and has two firing modes.
- Added Laser Sight, a lower rail attachment that reduces spread when firing from the hip. Can be found in all maps.
- Vikendi is now available as a map when creating rooms.
- The "Classic" voice is back. You can find it in Settings after the update.
- Spawn Island announcements can now be enabled or disabled in Settings.
- Royale Pass Season 5 is here! Premium outfits and taunting emotes are available as rewards. There will also be server-wide Pass upgrade events.
- Ranked Mode Season 5 is also here. Tiers are adjusted and new rewards are added.
- Vikendi's resource refresh (type and quantity) has been tuned.
- Model for Swimmer Sandals has been updated.
- Share For Deals is back after some tuning.
- Clan benefit sharing has been tuned.
- Avatar display of Crew Challenge winner has been adjusted.
- Shop has been adjusted.
- Supplies can now be accessed from the main menu.
PUBG Mobile Season 5: Theme
We've enjoyed a decidedly frosty theme to mark the winter season of Season 4, but now things are about to start heating up quite a bit.
This time around, Season 5 is taking on somewhat of an apocalyptic/supervillain theme, with the introduction of a rivalry between Team Shadow and Team Force.
Some of the images that have been circulating on the internet suggest a fiery apocalypse is on its way to PUBG Mobile, so get ready for some truly hellish gameplay when it goes live next week.
PUBG Mobile Season 5: Skins and Outfits
It wouldn't be a new season of PUBG mobile without a new collection of weapon skins and player outfits to work towards.
Given the development team's previous attempts to tie the new cosmetic items to the current theme, you can expect a few items designed around the infernal apocalypse we've already outlined.
As far as weapons are concerned, there's a bunch of new skins for many of the weapons in the game. Vehicles like the Dacia have also received cosmetics too.
PUBG Mobile Season 5: Elite Pass
Season 5 has introduced a brand new Battle Pass, stuffed to the brim with weekly and daily missions that you can complete in order to rank up. By doing so, you'll unlock plenty of goodies as you climb through the ranks.
As with previous seasons, expect a free pass with limited rewards, and an Elite Pass / Elite Pass Plus which will contain increasingly tempting rewards.
That's everything that's been leaked so far about the new season. We'll have another update for our PUBG Mobile Season 5 guide as soon as official information starts trickling through. Check back soon for more details.