This PUBG guide explains how to throw items and ammo to teammates, and also how to throw melee weapons at enemies.
If you’ve ever been in dire need of some ammo and your teammate has a bucketload, it’s likely you’ve performed the agonising, “let me drop some on the floor” for you manoeuvre. Not only is this slow, it’s just plain inconvenient if you’re in the midst of an intense situation. Well, PUBG has a feature which enables you to chuck ammo to your teammates with - largely - minimal fuss.
On top of this, you can also throw melee weapons at enemies. So, if you ever feel the need or spot the opportunity, a pan (or sickle, if you’d prefer) can be clanged off an opponent’s head from range.
Trouble is, PUBG hasn’t made this system totally transparent, meaning you’ll likely have no idea how to perform either of these actions without diving deep into the game’s keybinds. To give you a quick overview, we’ve put together a guide which’ll take you through how to throw ammo and items to teammates, as well as chuck melee weapons at enemies.
How to throw items and ammo to teammates
Here’s how to perform this action in PUBG:
- The teammate who wishes to receive the ammo or item, must use the scroll wheel or F3 to bring up the radial menu. Next, they need to select “Need Ammo” or “Need Med” depending on the items they’d like to get their hands on.
- The giver, must then press the interact button, which defaults to “F”. Once this is pressed, they will chuck whatever has been requested.
Video by PlayerIGN
There are some restrictions and other things to watch out for:
- Items can be thrown a maximum distance of 15m.
- Items can be thrown through glass windows.
- Beware of iron bars across windows. Items will not pass through them, and hit the wall instead.
- A teammate can request ammo, turn around and catch the ammo behind their back.
- Items thrown to you will appear straight in your inventory if you have space. If your inventory is full, the items will appear by your feet.
More PUBG guides
- PUBG Guide - All of our essential, in-depth PUBG guide content in one place - PUBG: Guide - Tips, tricks, tactics and strategy advice
- Cooking Grenades - How to master the art of cooking grenades in PUBG - PUBG: How to cook grenades
- Dropping Items - Our guide to clearing inventory space under pressure - PUBG: How to drop items
- Loot Spawns - How to locate the best loot spawns before everyone else - PUBG: Best loot spawns
- Flare Gun - Our essential guide to mastering the new Flare Gun in-game - PUBG: Flare Gun guide - locations, how to use and more
How to throw melee weapons at enemies
Thankfully, the process for this action is pretty simple. All you need to do is equip your melee weapon of choice, hold the right mouse button to aim, and press the left mouse button to throw.
Video by PlayerIGN
It’s worth bearing in mind that all melee weapons don’t fall under the same bracket. Some react differently to others when thrown, and they may deal different damage numbers. Here’s a quick rundown for you:
- Machete, Crowbar, Sickle: These can be thrown at a maximum distance of 40m. Their damage will decrease from 75 to 25 depending on your opponent’s distance.
- Pan: Can only be thrown a maximum distance of 30m, but the damage numbers are higher. They range from 90 to 40 dependent on distance.
- Essentially, the closer the target, the higher the damage. One melee throw to the head is even able to insta-kill enemies who aren’t wearing helmets.