On this page you’ll learn how to drop items in PUBG.
You won’t get anywhere in PUBG if you’re not hoovering up loot from the get-go and equipping the very best gear you’ve got to hand. Weapons, armour and consumables all drop into your inventory slots which can be expanded by wearing a backpack. It’s absolutely essential that you’ve got your weapons and items sorted, along with your inventory managed.
A huge part of inventory management isn’t just re-shuffling a few bits here and there. Sometimes you’ll need to drop items that are taking up too much space or throw things away in the heat of the moment to make room for a weapon that’s too good to pass up.
PUBG’s hardly the most transparent game and if you’re new to proceedings, it can be tricky to figure out how to drop items and the fastest ways to do so. To help you out we’ve put together a guide that’ll take you through the process.
Make sure you visit our core PUBG Guide hub when you're done here. It contains all of the most important tips and tactics you need to win more games!
How to drop items
Here’s how to drop items in PUBG.
- Enter your inventory by pressing [TAB] or [I].
- Click and drag the item across the left side of your screen to the slot where it says [Ground] and release.
- Dropping a weapon that’s got attachments equipped will drop both. If there are any attachments you want to keep, make sure you’ve taken them off first.
- If you’ve got stacks of one item and you want to drop only a few, there’s a way to do so. Hold [CTRL] while dragging an item from your inventory to the ground. Once you’ve done so, it’ll pop up with a message saying how many you want to discard. Input however many you want and click “Drop”.
Video by Minute Manual
- Press the Inventory button to access...you guessed it, the inventory.
- Use the right and left bumpers to navigate your inventory.
- Press [Y] on an item to drop it.
- Hold [Y] to drop all of an item.
- If you need to remove all the attachments from a weapon, hold [X] on it.
That's all we have for now, but we'll update this guide if there are any future changes to the inventory system!