Our massive PUBG guide contains tips, tricks, tactics and strategy advice for handling weapons and equipment, with gameplay and system settings guides as well.
It may have found itself under attack from a fair few competitors in recent months, but it's safe to say that PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - or rather, PUBG as pretty much everyone in the world calls it - isn't going anywhere for a very long time to come yet.
With a fresh development roadmap expected for the game in the very near future, we wouldn't be at all surprised to see the content updates arrive thick and fast in the coming months. Alongside that will come a fresh influx of new players, and the return of many veterans who have begun to see what lies just over the horizon.
We're certainly still having a blast with the game, and in our PUBG guide we're pulling together all of the explainers and other how-to articles we've been cooking up in recent days. There are loads more of these to come as well, and we'll make sure every new guide gets slotted in here, so you can jump straight into whatever you need help with, and do so from one core guide.
If there's anything in particular that you'd like to see us cover in our PUBG guide just let us know. We've got loads of stuff we want to cover ourselves, but we can always take a detour for a day or two - just let us know in the comments what you need help with and we will do our best to help you out.
UPDATE - 19th MARCH 2018
We have a number of new additions to our massive PUBG guide, so make sure you check out every section for our latest coverage. From farming BP to getting the game up and running on mobile, we've got something new for everyone. Let us know if there are any areas of PUBG you'd like us to cover as a priority in the comments, otherwise check back for an update in the very near future!
If you're interested in a particular area of our coverage, use the following links to dive straight in. Come back to the top if you want to quickly navigate to another area of interest.
1. Weapons - You're not going to get far without mastering PUBG's weapons!
2. Equipment - It's not all just about the weapons. Our coverage of all the other armour and items in the game.
3. Gameplay - How to improve at the most fundamental elements of PUBG.
4. Vehicles - All of our guides to getting about the map a little faster using the game's many vehicle options.
5. Systems and Settings - Superior settings to ensure you're not being disadvantaged for want of a few clever tweaks.
We've separated our articles into categories just below, but for those of you who have somehow managed to miss out on the whole PUBG craze up until now, here's a quick overview of what the game's all about:
- PUBG is a so-called Battle Royale shooter, where a large number of players are dropped onto a map and then compete against one another. The last person standing wins the game overall.
- The playable area on the map becomes smaller over time, forcing the remaining players to move closer and closer to one another. If they stay outside the playable zone, they'll quickly die.
- All players start off with zero armour and equipment, and must scavenge their way through all of the buildings and outposts to unlock protective gear, along with a decent arsenal of weapons.
- There are two maps to play in the game at the time of publishing, up from the one single battleground that was available at launch.
- You can play the game solo or with other players in a team. Each mode requires a very different strategic focus to win, but the core gameplay remains the same: shoot everyone else, be the last group standing!
- The game can be played in both first and third-person viewpoints. First-person hasn't always been available in PUBG, but was added in a patch some time ago.
With that quick overview out of the way, here's all of our growing guide content, separated into distinct categories. Expect more articles - and indeed categories - to be included in the days and weeks ahead of us.
Here's everything we've written so far about the weapons in PUBG:
- The best weapons in PUBG - You're not going to get far in PUBG with a handful of powerful weapons, but which weapons are the best? Keep your eyes peeled for these awesome weapons of destruction when hoovering up all of that lovely loot.
- The best firing mode in PUBG - Different firing modes are much better suited to specific combat scenarios. This article explains how to switch things up to give yourself an advantage in every possible scrap.
- Best attachments for every weapon - Getting hold of a good weapon is one thing, but you can actually enhance them even further. We explain how to choose the best attachment for each weapon.
- How to equip guns, attachments and grenades - Having gathered together your gear, it's important that you know how to switch between items rapidly. Our guide explains how to switch seamlessly between items in combat.
- PUBG: Flare gun guide - A new weapon is on its way to PUBG, but this intriguing new addition is used to summon some of the game's best loot straight from the sky. Check out this link for everything that's known about this in-testing device.
- The best Assault Rifle in PUBG - Time to drill down into individual weapons. Assault Rifles are awesome all-rounders, and we've ranked the lot of them from best to worst.
- The best Sniper Rifle in PUBG - If you prefer to do your killing from a sensibly safe range, you'll want to pack the very best Sniper Rifle. Check out our guide to this weapon category for some crucial loadout advice.
What equipment should you be looking for next, assuming you've bagged yourself a tasty weapon? You'll find all the answers to that question and others in our equipment section.
- Best gear in PUBG - Armour, equipment and items - You can charge in naked and all-guns blazing if you'd like, but you better be a pretty good shot if you choose to do so. Alternatively, keep your eyes peeled for these crucial items as you clean up the map.
- How to cook grenades in PUBG - Your grenades will have a much bigger impact if you can cook the timers so that the explosion lands right on your would-be victim. This guide explains how to do just that!
There are some really important gameplay mechanics that are crucial to master if you want even a fighting chance at that Chicken Dinner. Expect many more articles to be added to this category in the near future.
- How to be silent and stealthy in PUBG - You know how a good defense can be the best offense? Stay near-silent at all times in PUBG and you can choose every fight on your own terms.
- How to land faster in PUBG - The faster you get yourself on the ground, the sooner you can start looting ahead of the competition. This article explains how you can land more quickly.
- Best ways to get and farm BP in PUBG - Our guide to efficiently adding more BP to your stash while playing the game.
- How to aim better in PUBG - Whether you're using a scope or iron-sights, it's crucial that you make the most of each combat opportunity. We've got loads of tips and tricks for improving your aim.
- Best landing and loot spots in PUBG - Knowing where to start off is one of the most important decisions you'll make in every game, and we've outlined some of the best landing spots you can pick in PUBG.
There are good vehicles, bad vehicles and in-between vehicles to enjoy in PUBG. In this section of our PUBG guide you'll find a breakdown of all the articles we have to help you get better at playing this area of the game.
- PUBG: How to drive cars and bikes - Cars and bikes alike can be surprisingly fiddly to control, particularly in the thick of action. Give yourself a headstart by reading through our essential starter guide to both vehicle types.
Systems and Settings
A little bit of tinkering under the hood, or tweaking of hardware, can have a remarkable effect on your personal performance. Work through these essential guides if you want to give yourself the best possible start in PUBG.
- Best PUBG FPS settings to boost performance - We'll show you how to tweak your graphics settings to gain a massive boost to your FPS, without sacrificing the fine detail you need to stay alive.
- PUBG: Mobile guide - PUBG is now out on Android devices and this article explains how to download the game and get the most out of it.
- Best mouse DPI and sensitivity settings - It's so important you take the time to tweak the sensitivity settings of your mouse, especially when it comes to aiming with different scopes. Never fear! We'll walk you through the whole process nice and easily.
- Best Keybinds, hotkeys and keyboard layouts in PUBG - Every micro-second you can shave off the time spent on control mechanics is better spent focusing on survival. This article explains how to set your keybinds and hotkeys up for optimal performance.
- How to only play the old map in PUBG (or the new one!) - With a little tinkering it is possible to choose which map you want to play exclusively.
That's the end of our PUBG guide for now. We'll be adding lots more articles to Metabomb in the near future, and you'll be able to find the latest ones from this very page. Don't forget to let us know in the comments if there's anything in particular that you'd like to see us tackle first.