Our PUBG: Dihor Otok guide contains everything we currently know about the new map, and will be expanded with tips and strategy advice in future updates.
It looks as though the new winter-themed PUBG map that was first teased back in June is called Dihor Otok. The news has emerged as a result of some industrious datamining by the PUBG Reddit community.
In our Dihor Otok guide, we've outlined everything that's currently known about the new map, based on these latest discoveries. We've got an overview of all the official and unofficial information that's been uncovered, along with the first look at the map itself.
It goes without saying that we'll be updating this guide continuously over time. If there's anything you think we've missed then please drop us a line in the comments so we can add the extra detail in.
Dihor Otok Overview
Here's everything we've been able to uncover about the new map so far:
- Going by the scale of the leaked image (see below), it would appear that Dihor Otok will be an 8km by 8km map - the same as Miramar and Erangel, and twice the size as the recently released Sanhok map, which was built for skirmish gameplay
- Points of interest on Dihor Otok include Cosmodrome, Dino Park, Villa, Town, Cement Factory and Castle.
- A new game mode is expected to arrive with the map called Conquest. It's believed this will focus on controlling a certain point on the map, although we're still waiting for detailed information on this front.
- According to datamined files, it looks as though a night mode is also coming with the new map.
- Unsurprisingly, it also looks as though snowstorms will feature on Dihor Otok.
- From the original teaser video posted to Twitter, it looks like players will be able to track their prey using footprints that persist in the snow.
- It's not yet known when Dihor Otok will be released, but it will likely be highlighted on the experimental server for play testing at some point prior to launch. Winter 2018 is the only launch window that's been provided so far.
Here's that original official tweet that was posted back in June and gave us our first hint of PUBG's latest map in development:
Dihor Otok Screenshots
Here's a pair of images that have been uncovered for the new map:
We'll be expanding on this guide considerably once more official information about Dihor Otok has been released. Once it's actually live on the test server, we'll add in our usual collection of strategy tips that are tailored specifically for the new map.
In the meantime you can find a selection of the datamined assets over on Imgur if you'd like to take a look over them in detail.