Our Fortnite Battle Royale NVIDIA Settings guide contains a list of all the best NVIDIA graphics options to increase FPS and boost performance in game.
Play any competitive game - like PUBG - for long enough and you’ll begin to notice the tiniest details. You’ll become more sensitive to frame rate drops, micro-stutters and tiny performance dips, to the point where it can really start affecting your game.
It’s easy to completely ignore these factors or shy away from delving into options menus if you’re unfamiliar with tweaking graphics settings. Obtaining a silky smooth frame rate and increasing your performance requires that you do so, however.
To help strip away any confusion, we’ve put together an easy to follow guide that’ll make sure you’re running the best NVIDIA settings for PUBG.
It goes without saying that this guide applies to those who have an NVIDIA graphics card installed in their system. Don’t worry if you’ve got an AMD graphics card as we’ve put together a separate general settings guide which will definitely help you out.
PUBG: Best NVIDIA Settings
Here’s a complete walkthrough for those of you wanting to boost your performance in PUBG with an NVIDIA GPU.
- Click the arrow in the bottom right of your desktop tray to bring up the icon menu. Right click the NVIDIA logo (it’s green and black themed) and select “NVIDIA Control Panel”.
- Select the “Manage 3D Settings” option and find “PUBG” or “TslGame” in the drop down menu. If you can’t find either of these options, click “Add” and you should find them here.
- Set “Maximum pre-rendered frames” to 1.
- Set “Monitor Technology” to “G-Sync” if applicable. Otherwise leave it be.
- Set “Power management mode” to “Prefer maximum performance”.
- Set “Preferred refresh rate” to “Highest Available”.
- Set “Threaded Optimisation” to “On”.
- Set “Vertical Sync” to “Use the 3D application setting”.
More PUBG guides
- PUBG Guide - All of our essential, in-depth PUBG guide content in one place - PUBG: Guide
- Audio Settings - How to tweak your sound settings to gain the upper hand - PUBG: Best audio sound settings
- FPS Settings - Our guide to boosting FPS and general performance in PUBG - PUBG: Best FPS settings to boost performance
- Mouse Settings - How to adjust your DPI settings for better precision play - PUBG: Best mouse DPI and sensitivity settings
- NVIDIA Settings - Our guide to making your NVIDIA-based gaming PC sing - PUBG: Best NVIDIA settings guide
Other important things to note
Before messing with any other settings, it’s worth checking to see if your GPU drivers are bang up to date.
For NVIDIA users, we’d heartily recommend downloading NVIDIA's Geforce Experience. It’ll make getting the latest drivers much easier!
If you’re on team red, then it’s best to get hold of AMD’s Adrenalin software. It’s essentially the same as NVIDIA’s Geforce experience and makes updating drivers a breeze.
As PUBG’s optimisation progresses with each major patch, we expect the game to run a bit smoother each time. We’ll be sure to update this guide for those of you who want to squeeze the very best performance out of PUBG!