On this page you’ll find all of the July 13th patch notes for the Overwatch PTR.
A brand new set of patch notes have just been released for the latest PTR update, including big nerfs to Doomfist and buffs to a number of other heroes.
Doomfist's been toned down a fair notch, McCree’s received a slight buff to his Flashbang, Reaper’s Shadowstep ability won’t make anymore noise and Zarya’s Graviton Surge just got a whole lot better. Let’s not forget Reinhardt, whose Hammer should now hit enemies even harder.
We’ll be testing out all of these changes and bringing you our impressions in the coming days. For now though, here are all the PTR patch notes for July 13th 2017.
- Total distance traveled reduced by about 20% (This change has been on the PTR for a little while now)
- Added a new UI indicator to show how much damage it will deal, and how much it dealt. Previously this was only indicated by the default crosshair filling in, but this is only visible when using the default crosshair. The new indicator should always be visible, regardless of any crosshair changes.
- Also, targeting this ability while in the air is now restricted to locations lower than your current height.
- Now slows targets significantly when they are stunned. This makes them less likely to slide away around a corner or something similar once they are stunned.
- VO and SFX distance dramatically reduced.
- Swing speed increased by ~10%.
- On top of the swing speed increase, we've gone through and tweaked many timings and other things about the Hammer to make it more responsive. Overall it should feel a lot better to swing and make contact with enemies.
- Impacting another charging hero (Doomfist or Reinhardt) no longer deals damage to both characters, but still causes a knockdown on both.
- Now disables all movement abilities of affect targets. This is similar to how Junkrat's trap affects abilities.
The video below by YourOverwatch does a handy job of summarising and illustrating these hero changes.
We'll update the site with our impressions on this PTR patch as soon as we get some more hands on time with all the changes. Stay tuned for more!