The first patch for Overwatch's Competitive Play mode has been released by Blizzard, and will hit your Overwatch client next time you fire the game up. The update makes a number of tweaks to the Sudden Death mechanic across a variety of maps, fixes a number of outstanding bugs, and also includes a few changes to the leave penalty that features in Competitive Play.
Here's a quick snapshot of what's changed:
The duration of Sudden Death has been adjusted across all maps from 1m45s to the following values:
- Hanamura - 1m35s
- Temple of Anubis - 1m30s
- Volskaya Inudstries - 1m35s
- Dorado - 1m30s
- Route 66 - 1m35s
- Watchpoint: Gibraltar - 1m35s
- King's Row - 1m30s
- Numbani - 1m50s
- Note: Sudden Death duration is unchanged for Hollywood, which remains at 1m45s
- Fixed a bug that prevented Overtime music from playing on Escort and Assault/Escort maps, if the payload was nearing the final checkpoint.
- Fixed a bug where display settings weren't always saved after restarting the client.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the in-game UI to display incorrectly at 4k resolutions.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the wrong player level would appear in the Social menu.
Check out our most popular Overwatch guides:
- Fixed an issue with collision not blocking line of sight on certain areas of Nepal.
- Fixed a bug that caused Mercy's Caduceus Staff beam to disconnect from its target if the player a) quickly switched between healing and damage beams by holding down both mouse buttons and/or b) was facing away from the target at the time of the switch.
- Fixed even more bugs that allowed Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations on certain maps.
- Fixed a bug that caused Winston's melee attack during Primal Rage to inconsistently hit targets in range.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes cause Zarya's alternate fire to scaled incorrectly with her damage boost modifier.
- Fixed a bug that caused the "Top 500" icon to incorrectly display for certain players in various places throughout the game UI.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused players' Skill Rating to display as "64" during placement matches.
- Fixed an issue where if you left and rejoined an in-progress Competitive Play match, the game would still track the match as a loss in your placement match history and when determining the amount of Skill Rating you receive for completing a match even if your team won.
- Note: You must be present for the conclusion of the match to be eligible for the win. If you leave a match and do not rejoin before it's over, it will count as a loss both in your placement match history and when calculating your Skill Rating adjustment.
- Fixed an issue where you would still receive a Competitive Play "leave" penalty even if you rejoined a match and completed it.
- Note: If you leave a single Competitive Play match more than 3 times, you will receive a Competitive Play "leave" penalty even if you complete the match.