A new patch has just gone live on the Overwatch Public Test Realm [PTR] which features some new nerfs and buffs for a handful of heroes.
First up, alphabetically speaking, is Ana. Her Nano Boost Ultimate now costs 20% more generated resources, while the radius of Biotic Grenade has been enlarged a fair bit, from three to four metres. Blizzard apparently feels that her Ultimate gets up and going far too quickly considering its impact in battle, while her grenades need a little something to make them more useful against multiple targets.
As for Junkrat, his RIP-Tire is getting a little bit of buff in the form of an activation speed boost. The ability will now spin up - pun very much intended - a lot more quickly than it currently does, giving the enemy team a little less of a heads-up of the impending doom. While that might seem to a lot of players like an unnecessary improvement, a top-tier time invariably manages to eliminate the threat in short order.
Finally, Widowmaker’s scope is speeding up a little. The scoping-in animation has been cut down from 0.5 to 0.3 seconds, which should help her locate and pick off new targets a little faster than she can right now.
Apart from these rather significant changes to the PTR client, there are also a handful of general fixes being tested. We’ve noted them below, but do keep in mind that everything being tested right now is subject to change, so don’t get too excited/upset about what’s being played around with right now.
BREAKING! - Don't miss our Overwatch Open teams, streams and results guide if you want to stay on top of all the latest tournament action.
- Static cameras are now supported in spectator mode
- Team names can now be edited in custom games
- Raised the volume of Hanzo's Dragonstrike voice line while wearing the Okami/Lone Wolf Skin
- Heroes hit by Ana's Nano Boost have a new voice line that informs other players
- Increased frequency of Reinhardt's "barrier failing" voice line
- Custom Games can now be paused
Our most popular Overwatch guides:
User Interface updates
- Several minor aesthetic changes have been made to the game’s Main, Social, and Options menus
- Removed several stats that were duplicated for certain heroes throughout the career profile
- Controller users can now choose between two aiming modes:
- Dual-Zone mode (New default): The vast majority of the thumbstick's range moves with reduced sensitivity and relatively high acceleration. However, when the thumbstick crosses to the outer 10% of its range, it will move with high sensitivity and relatively low acceleration. This mode will allow for more precise aiming, while still allowing players to turn around quickly.
- Exponential Ramp mode (Old default): As the thumbstick moves toward the outside of its range, the sensitivity is ramped up exponentially. The acceleration remains relatively high throughout.
- Camera movement in Spectator Mode has been improved
- Certain commendations will now appear less frequently during end-of-round voting, and others will appear more frequently (e.g. Most Gold Medals and Torbjörn's Armor Packs Created)
- Enemy players that are knocked down no longer lose their red outline
- Fixed a bug that prevented modified key bindings from saving after relaunching the game
- Fixed a bug that kept players from binding Take Screenshot to other keys
- Fixed a bug causing Bastion’s bullet shells to eject backwards while in Configuration: Sentry mode
- Fixed an issue preventing Hanzo’s Sonic Arrow from appearing when selected
- Fixed a bug preventing Junkrat’s statistics from correctly tracking RIP-Tire kills
- Fixed an issue preventing Mercy’s staff from appearing in some highlight intros while wearing the Valkyrie/Sigrún skin
- Fixed a bug causing Tracer highlight intros to render at a lower resolution when accessed from the Highlights menu
- Fixed a bug that allowed Widowmaker to use her Grappling Hook on basketballs
- Symmetra's “Car Wash” achievement now correctly lists the number of beams required (6 instead of 7)
- Fixed a time calculation issue that was causing Zenyatta's “Rapid Discord” achievement to be more difficult than intended
- Fixed a bug that prevented Junkrat’s “Roadkill” achievement from being awarded after obtaining 4 kills with RIP-Tire
- Fixed a bug that allowed the payload to heal players even when they were negatively affected by Ana’s Biotic Grenade
- Fixed a bug preventing the health bars on the Practice Range bots from displaying the effects of Ana’s Biotic Grenade
- Fixed a bug preventing sprays from being applied correctly to some surfaces on Eichenwalde
- Fixed a bug allowing some heroes to be seen in the sky when viewing certain highlight intros on Volskaya Industries