Overwatch game director Jeff Kaplan and lead designer Geoff Goodman have answered a variety of fan questions on every aspect of Overwatch in a recent video interview.
Here’s a breakdown of the most interesting information, ahead of the video itself:
- Geoff Goodman regrets giving Genji his Double Jump passive ability as it’s extremely hard to balance around.
- Creating a new hero is largely down to developing an extensive number of prototypes. As of now, ten prototypes have been archived as they didn’t make the cut.
- Bastion went through ten different Ultimates during his development cycle before they finally settled on his Tank ability.
- It took them one and a half years to get Genji right. He once had the ability to perch on the environment for stealth kills with his katana.
- The e54 tag on Bastion is a nod to Jeff Kaplan’s step daughter, who used “e54” as her name on Minecraft as well as her Battletag.
You can watch the full video below: