This page explains how recalibration works in the Division 2.
Once you reach The Division 2’s endgame, it turns into an entirely different experience. The map is overrun by a much tougher enemy, new activities open up and all sorts of powerful gear begins to drop.
Of course, you’ll want to stay on top of the opposition and begin crafting some of the best gear available to do so. First off, you’ll need to unlock the Crafting Bench and go about creating a Recalibration Station. Once you’ve done all this, you can get to work meticulously crafting some very nice gear indeed.
Below we’ll explain how to get the Recalibration Station, before taking you through the recalibration process as a whole.
How to get the Recalibration Station
First off, it’s only worth getting hold of the Recalibration Station and using your materials when you’ve reached World Tier 4 and beyond.
To get the Recalibration Station, you’ll need to recruit Emma Richards to your Base of Operations. This means upgrading your Settlement to level three by completing three campus story missions.
She’ll appear in the same room as the Crafting Bench.
Other relevant guides
- The Division 2 Guide hub
- The Division 2 Skills list
- The Division 2 Key Locations guide (Hyena, Outcast, True Sons)
- The Division 2 Leveling guide - How to hit level 30 fast
- The Division 2 How to get Gear Dyes
- The Division 2 How to get Printer Filament
- The Division 2 Achievements and Trophies list
- The Division 2 How to get Titanium
How to Recalibrate Gear
Recalibrating gear is akin to meddling with their stat bonuses and perks. For example, if there’s a Talent on your AK47 that’s amazing, but you’d rather have it on your M16, then you can transfer that Talent over - provided you have the materials.
It’s essentially an endgame process of optimising your gear to your playstyle by tinkering with the finer details.
As expected, there’s a cost to recalibrating your gear. You’ll need to spend a fair amount of money and materials, so make sure you’ve got a stockpile of both before you go on a mad recalibration spree.
Finally, recalibration is only really worth it once you’ve reached a point in the game where your gear is basically maxed out. This way you won’t outlevel your recalibrated gear within a few minutes.
Here’s how it works:
- Head to the Recalibration Station and select the “Open Category” option. This is where you get to choose what type of equipment you want to go about recalibrating. Select the item you want to improve.
- Next, you need to select the specific Talent you want to replace with another Talent from another Weapon. Talent replacement only works if you use items of the same type, so bear this in mind. For example, if you want to replace an Assault Rifle’s Talent with a Backpack’s Talent, this won’t be possible. However, if you have another Assault Rifle with a great Talent, it’s doable.
- Recalibration also requires materials, so check the bottom right corner to see if you’ve got enough of whatever you need to hand.
- Next, simply go about confirming you want to go about the recalibration process. The item you are stripping the Talent out of will be destroyed, so that’s another thing to keep in mind.