Our Red Dead Redemption 2: Vampire locations guide explains how to find the vampire and complete the special side mission.
Turns out there’s a vampire lurking in the backstreets of Saint Denis and a secret side mission to hunt them down. If you’re here, then it goes without saying that everything below is major spoiler territory but we won’t spoil the actual encounter for you, just the lead up to it.
So without further ado, here’s how to find the vampire in Red Dead Redemption 2:
How to find the vampire in Red Dead Redemption 2
Get your Van Helsing inspired gear on, because we’re going on a hunt. To track down the vampire, you’ve got to find five different graffiti spots around the big city of Saint Denis.
Here’s where all the vampire graffiti locations are:
This video by Upper Echelon Gamers offers a fantastic explanation of each location and walks you through each and every one. Make sure you give it a watch and consider subscribing to his channel for more useful content like this.
- Graffiti #1: Located directly north of the “N” in “Denis”. It’s a line of white graffiti text between two double doors.
- Graffiti #2: Walk east down the street and stand just outside the arched entrance which leads to the trapper. Just to the right of this entrance is a metal gate. Head through, and look to your left almost immediately as there is some red graffiti on the wall.
- Graffiti #3: Just behind the butcher and the general store on the map. Run through the butcher’s shop and white graffiti text will be directly on your right, facing the street.
- Graffiti #4: There’s another piece of graffiti tucked away in an alley directly east of the “Show” icon. For further reference, it’s northeast of the stagecoach symbol too. The entrance to the alleyway is marked by “The Majestic Tailors” sign depicting a cheetah, as well as a large Sally Cola painting on the side of the building. Run in, take a right, walk through the tiny square, turn left through the swing doors, go up the alley and follow it as it turns a left corner. There is a wooden chair and just above it, red graffiti.
- Graffiti #5: The final piece of graffiti is in the exact same alleyway. Start from the Sally Cola painting and head all the way to the end of the alley and through the entrance. Go up the stairs, through the archway, take the stairs up, take an immediate right, look to your left as you go down a very short flight of stairs and you will face some red graffiti on the wall.
Find and examine each of these and a black “X” will appear on your map in the dead of night. It’s the same little black as those that mark corpses on the minimap.
It’s located just to the northwest of the general store in a dark alleyway, and will appear only when it’s night time. If it’s not night time, you can rent a room in a saloon and sleep off the day.
If you see the marker, simply wander over to it and you’ll trigger the encounter with the vampire. Complete the secret mission and you’ll receive a special weapon for your efforts!