Our Red Dead Redemption 2 Trinkets page contains everything you need to know about how trinkets work and how to obtain them.
For the most part, Red Dead Redemption 2 is grounded in realism. Horse testicles shrink in the cold, your hat isn’t glued on, and Arthur’s health is at risk if he wears a large coat in the summer heat. This doesn’t mean that the game doesn’t incorporate some spiritual, RPG-like elements, though.
There are a total of 15 Trinkets to collect in the game and they’re crafted from the body parts of legendary animals. Obtain one and it’ll act like a passive perk, granting you extremely helpful stat boosts that’ll make you an even more efficient cowboy.
Below we’ve broken down all the Trinkets in the game and detailed what benefits they provide and what animals parts you’ll need to craft them. Hopefully this’ll make your quest to obtain them all a little bit easier!
If you think we’re missing a Trinket, do make sure you let us know in the comments below and we may just feature it in the article.
How to get Trinkets
Here’s the process you’ll need to follow to get hold of trinkets:
- Hunt down and skin a legendary animal.
- Collect their crafting components.
- Head on over to a Fence and create your Trinket of choice from their crafting menu.
For help locating all the Fences in Red Dead Redemption 2, we’ve put together an All Fences locations page so you don’t spend countless hours scouring the map for them.
Once you’ve crafted a Trinket, you don’t even need to equip it. As long as it’s sitting in your inventory somewhere its passive effect will boost your character. What’s more, all of their effects stack, which makes them perfect for hoarding.
Video by Primera
All Trinkets list
Here’s a list of all the Trinkets obtainable in Red Dead Redemption 2, alongside the ingredients needed to craft them and the stat boosts they provide.
- Beaver Tooth Trinket: Slows weapon degradation by 10%. Requires Legendary Beaver Tooth.
- Buck Antler Trinket: Increases chance of higher quality animal parts from skinning. Requires Legendary Buck Antler.
- Cougar’s Paw Trinket: Deadeye Core drain is reduced by -10% for 3 seconds after triggering it. Requires Legendary Cougar’s Paw.
- Coyote Fang Trinket: +10% Dead Eye XP earned. Requires Legendary Coyote Fang.
- Elk Antler Trinket: +10% Loot (more items looted). Requires Legendary Elk Antler.
- Fox Claw Trinket: +5 seconds Eagle Eye duration. Requires Legendary Fox Claw.
- Lion’s Paw Trinket: +10% Stamina XP earned. Craft using the Lion’s Paw.
- Moose Antler Trinket: +10% Health XP earned. Requires Legendary Moose Antler.
- Owl Feather Trinket (Missable): Reduces speed of Health, Stamina and Dead Eye Core drain by 15%. Must complete the optional honor story mission ‘Archeology for Beginners’ with no kills (Chapter 6).
- Panther’s Eye Trinket: Decreases drank speed of Dead Eye bar by 10% for three seconds. Requires Legendary Panther’s Eye.
- Pronghorn Horn Trinket: Carcasses on your horse no longer decompose. Requires Legendary Pronghorn Horn.
- Ram Horn Trinket: Receive twice as many herbs every time you pick oregano, creeping thyme and wild mint. Requires Legendary Ram Horn.
- Tatanka Bison Horn Trinket: Reduces melee damage received by 10%. Requires Legendary Tatanka Bison Horn.
- Wolf Heart Trinket: Player can consume 2x more alcohol before feeling negative effects of being drunk. Requires Legendary Wolf Heart.
- Iguana Scale Trinket: Permanently decreases the damage the player receives while on horseback by 10% - Exclusive to owners of the Special Edition / Ultimate Edition of RDR2.