Our Red Dead Redemption 2 Gold Bar money glitch guide explains how you can earn up to $15,000 in next to no time.
Although most of us would prefer to play the game naturally, if you're struggling to make money in Red Dead Redemption 2 and need a short-cut to riches, an in-game glitch has been uncovered that lets you make a fat stash of cash with very little time and effort required.
It involves exploiting the availability of a single gold bar in the game, and can be used to very quickly amass $15,000 of in-game cash. It certainly beats grinding away for more meagre rewards elsewhere, although purists are probably going to want to give this one a miss.
For the impatient though, we've put together a step by step guide to help you perform all of the necessary steps for making use of this gold bar glitch.
- Make your way to the burned out sheriff's office located in Limpany, which is to the north of Flatneck Station.
- Disable the auto-save system in the game.
- Ensure you are not wanted by the police or you won't be able to progress the game.
- At the sheriff's office, go to the desk and open the box. Inside it is a single gold bar ripe for the taking.
- The moment Arthur picks up the gold and you see the notification pop up that you've acquired it, pause the game immediately and then save it.
- Load the save you've just made and you'll notice that the gold bar is in your inventory, and another is available in the box once again.
- Simply repeat the process until you've hit the stack limit of 30, then sell the lot of them for $500 apiece.
If you'd prefer a visual guide to making the gold bar glitch work, we've embedded the following video by YouTuber Raz. If you find it useful, give the video a thumbs-up and consider subscribing to the channel for more Red Dead Redemption 2 content.
That's how you make use of the gold bar glitch, then, but keep in mind that the exploit can be a little bit wobbly and the gold bar may not always appear. Just keep reloading and saving to increase your stash size, and cash out big.