Our Realm Royale keybind and keyboard controls guide covers the controls for the game, and includes the best keybinding tips to optimise your playstyle.
Realm Royale is the latest Battle Royale game to throw itself into the ring, but if your instinct is to roll your eyes and assume there's nothing new on the table, you'd be mistaken. While PUBG’s gone down the realism route and Fortnite’s home to complex building mechanics, Realm Royale differentiates itself by taking a leaf out of the hero shooter book (think Overwatch).
Hop into Realm Royale and you’ve got a the traditional land-and-loot gameplay, mixed in with classes which each enjoy their own unique abilities. Then there's the fact that you can disenchant unwanted gear for Shards and use them to craft ultra powerful loot at a Forge, or hop on a horse at the press of a button.
With all this in mind, it can be difficult to know what all the controls are at a glance without rooting around the menu during a match, and that's usually quite bad for your in-game health. To help you out, we’ve put together a guide that’ll take you through all the controls for Realm Royale, as well as some keybind options which should help you get the most out of your chosen playstyle.
Default PC and Xbox Controller* Bindings
- Move Forward - [W]
- Move Backwards - [S]
- Strafe Left - [A]
- Strafe Right - [D]
- Turn Left - Right Stick
- Turn Right - Right Stick
- Look Up - Right Stick
- Look Down - Right Stick
- Toggle Auto Run - [Num Lock]
- Jump - [Space] or [A]
- Mount - [Z]
- Fire - [Left Mouse Button] or [RT]
- Alt Fire - [Right Mouse Button] or [LT]
- Reload - [R] or [X]
- Equip Weapon 1 - 
- Equip Weapon 2 - 
- Ability 1 -  or [Y]
- Ability 2 -  or [LB]
- Armour Potion - [G] or [RB]
- Health Potion - [H]
- Movement Ability - [F]
- Emote - [B]
- VGS - [V] or [Right Directional Pad]
- Map (Hold) - [TAB] or [Menu Button]
- Push To Talk - [T]
- Crouch - [L.Ctrl]
- Sprint - [L.Shift] or [Down Directional Pad]
- Use - [E]
- Disenchant - [X]
*Realm Royale has Xbox Controller support on PC, but it’s pretty limited and we wouldn’t recommend it over keyboard and mouse. Still, it's probably a good sign that the game's heading to at least one console in the future, eh?
How to rebind
Here’s how to rebind your keys from the menu.
- From the main menu, select “Options”.
- Click on the “Bindings” tab.
- Now scroll through and click on any of the controls you wish to rebind.
- Press the key you wish to rebind the control to.
- Rinse and repeat.
More Realm Royale guides
- Guide - Our core Realm Royale guide containing all our detailed coverage - Realm Royale - Guide
- Best Class Tier List - Our ranking of the best classes to play in Realm Royale - Realm Royale - Best class tier list
- Map Guide - All the zones and Forge locations that you can find in the game - Realm Royale - Map guide (Forge locations and loot spots)
- Tips and Tricks - Our growing collecton of tips for winning more matches - Realm Royale - Tips, tricks and strategy advice
- Shards and Forges - How to get more Shards and spend them at the Forge - Realm Royale - How to get more Shards and spend them at the Forge
Default controls aren't exactly a terrible way to play the game, but tweaking your keybinds will enable you to approach a situation in the fastest possible fashion. Thankfully Realm Royale allows you to rebind your keyboard controls so you can create the perfect layout for your playstyle.
Below you’ll find a number of core controls and keybind ideas which we think will speed up your game and make things a little bit more intuitive in the process. Share your own in the comments if you've found a set-up that you think works particularly well.
- Weapon 1 - 
- Weapon 2 - 
- Ability 1 - [Q]
- Ability 2 - [E]
- Movement Ability - [L.Shift]
- Use - [F]
- Armour Potion - [G]*
- Health Potion - [H]*
- Map - [M]
- Inventory - [I]
- Mount - [Z]
- Disenchant - [X]
*If you’ve got a mouse with multiple buttons, it's definitely worth mapping your potions to them for easy access in a pinch. This also applies to abilities too!
We'll keep an eye on what some of the top Realm Royale players gravite towards when it comes to setting keybinds. Once we have an idea of what the pros are making use of we'll add them in here as options for you to play around with.