Our Might and Magic Chess Royale: How to play page explains what platforms the game is on, and how the game works.
You thought the Auto Chess craze had ended? Well, it sort of has, but this hasn’t stopped Ubisoft from launching an Auto Chess - wait for it - Battle Royale (!) set in the Might and Magic universe. That’s right folks, this is an Auto Chess game in which you’ll face off against 99 other players to emerge as the last man standing.
Thankfully, it claims matches will only last around 10 minutes, so it’s going to be quick fire rounds for those of us who don’t want monumental, hour long games - good stuff. Otherwise though, it’s Auto Chess as you’d expect it. Each player has a board, you buy units, they fight automatically and so on.
Below we’ve put together a guide which’ll run you through everything you need to know about Might and Magic Chess Royale.
Might and Magic Chess Royale: How to play
What platforms is it on?
Might and Magic Chess Royale is coming to iOS, Android, and PC.
When does it release?
Might and Magic Chess Royale will be released on 30th January 2020.
How do I download the game?
Currently, you can pre-register for Might and Magic Chess Royale over on the iOS or Android Google Play Store. Simply search for the game in each respective shop and click the “Pre-Register” button to be notified when it goes live. As soon as it’s released, you’ll be able to download and install the game like you would with any app.
How does the game play?
Might and Magic Chess Royale is a mixture of Auto Chess and Battle Royale. In the most basic terms, it’s an Auto Chess game like Dota Underlords or Teamfight Tactics, but with 99 other players to fight against, instead of the usual seven or eight.
We haven’t had a chance to play the game ourselves just yet, but here’s what we know so far about the structure of each match:
- At the start of each match you’ll choose a hero. They have unique abilities, spells and ultimates. We're not entirely sure how this works, but we'll update this section when we do.
- In each match you’ll take on 99 other players.
- A match is broken into multiple rounds. At the start of each round, players will purchase a unit from the shop using gold. You will place these on the board, and once the round starts, they will fight automatically. Whoever wins will take no damage, but deal damage to their opponent.
- Players earn more gold for winning rounds, and less for losing. However, loss streaks will help players who are struggling.
- Units have different synergies and abilities. To construct a strong team and ultimately win the match, you need to purchase units which synergise with one another. This will grant them unique bonuses which will give you an edge in battle.
- Units can also be upgraded. If you purchase three of the same unit, they will combine and form a stronger version. For an even stronger, 3 star unit, you need to combine 3, 2 star units. Manage this and they’ll be beefy!
- Players can use the gold they earn to level up their hero. Each level earned increases the number of units one can have on the board. It also increases the chance of encountering rare, stronger units.