Our Fallout 76 Ultracite guide contains a list of all the places you can find Ultracite, all the items which grant Ultracite and Ultracite farming methods.
Ultracite is the rarest material in Fallout 76, which means that it’s a key component when crafting the most powerful stuff in the game. You’ll need it to forge laster and gatling weaponry and mods, as well as the elusive Ultracite Power Armor.
As it’s an extremely rare material, steel yourself before going on the hunt - it’s only found in the most dangerous spots. You’ll need to be pretty geared up before entering the various Ultracite farming areas as they’ll always have a Scorchbeast and tonnes of Scorched lurking nearby...
To help you get your hands on plenty of Ultracite, we’ve put together a list of the places you can find it on the map, potential farming methods and all the junk items that contains it too.
- Aluminum locations guide - Fallout 76
- Adhesive locations guide - Fallout 76
- Ballistic Fiber guide - Fallout 76
- Black Titanium guide - Fallout 76
- Screws guide - Fallout 76
- Lead guide - Fallout 76
- Plastic guide - Fallout 76
Junk Items which contain Ultracite
Here’s a list of the few junk items that will grant you Ultracite when scrapped:
- Hardened Mass - 1 Ultracite
- Ultracite Ore - Smelt at a Chemistry Station using Acid
- Ultracite Scrap - 1 Ultracite
As you’re probably aware by now, Ultracite’s incredibly rare and therefore your average junk items won’t grant it. You’ll have to go on proper Ultracite expeditions if you want to get your mitts on a bucketload of the material.
Where to get Ultracite
Unlike other ores, you’ll find Ultracite in special locations called Fissures. They’re found in the Cranberry Bog, Savage Divide and the Mire regions.
- Lightning Bolt - Fissure
- Circle - Cave/Building Complex
- Rectangle - Bunker
- The Glassed Cavern - Located in the southeast corner of Cranberry Bog, this is one of the best locations for farming Ultracite as it contains a number of Ultracite veins. Just be aware that you’ll almost certainly encounter Mirelurks, Scorched and Scorchbeasts while rummaging around inside, so get your fighting gear on.
- AMS Corporate Headquarters - Smack bang in the centre of Zone B lies the enormous AMS complex. Make sure you inspect this building as there's a rare Ultracite scrap to be found inside.
- Fissure Site - Found in the northern part of the region, just to the west of Mac’s Farm and
- Fissure Site Prime #1 - Just to the west of the Glassed Cavern, you’ll find a glowing fissure site. Again, many enemies lurk here, so clear them out before harvesting.
- Fissure Site Prime #2 - Move further west of #1 and you’ll reach a second fissure.
- Drop Site G3 - A small bunker located towards the northeast of Cranberry Bog. You’ll find one Ultracite vein inside, just be wary of the high radiation levels here!
- Black Mountain Ordnane Works - This ruined industrial zone in the middle of Zone B is made up of several chambers filled with valuable junk - including a precious Ultracite Scrap. You'll want to check out the security terminal first, as this'll lead you to all the chambers.
Ash Heap, Southern Savage Divide
- Fissure Site Gamma (Savage Divide) - This Fissure is found in the southeastern section of the Forest Region, just northeast of the lake.
- Fissure Site #1 (Ash Heap) - You’ll find this Fissure bisecting the road that runs north over Uncanny Caverns.
- Fissure Site #2 (Ash Heap) - This Fissure is located towards the southwest corner of the Ash Heap, just south of the AMS Testing Site.
Northern Savage Divide
- Red Rocket Mega Stop (Savage Divide) - This abandoned gas station can be found to the northeast. Root around inside for some Ultracite.
- Fissure Site Beta (Savage Divide) - Right in the northeast corner of the region, this Fissure is planted in some rough, rocky terrain.
- Fissure Site Sigma (Savage Divide) - Almost dead centre of northern Savage Divide, this Fissure has split the earn close to the Pumpkin House.
- Fissure Site Omicron (Savage Divide) - Tucked away in the southeastern edge of the area, this fissure is located right next to a rocky hillside.