Our Fallout 76 Black Titanium locations guide contains a list of all the places you can get Black Titanium and how to farm it.
Black Titanium’s a precious resource which is used in crafting some of the best gear in the game. This means that it’s not particularly easy to find if you’re unfamiliar with the intricacies of Appalachia.
If you’re on the hunt for plenty of Black Titanium, you can actually find deposits around the map which belch it out. What’s more, you can harvest it from certain monstrosities lurking in the wasteland’s most elusive spots.
Below we’ll break down Black Titanium is, how to find it and how to farm plenty of it. If you’ve found any great locations to farm this resource, don’t be afraid to let us know in the comments section and we may include it in the guide!
- Aluminum locations guide - Fallout 76
- Adhesive farm guide - Fallout 76
- Ultracite locations guide - Fallout 76
- Screws guide - Fallout 76
- Lead guide - Fallout 76
- Plastic guide - Fallout 76
What is Black Titanium?
Black Titanium is a rare crafting material which you’ll need to make the Excavator Power Armor, and possibly more powerful gear once the game receives some updates in the future.
You’ll need 36 Black Titanium chunks to craft the Excavator Power Armor set, and this is a lot. If you’re struggling to find what you need, we’ll explain how to get your hands on it just below.
Where can I get Black Titanium?
First things first, you'll want to visit the small mining town of Welch, to the southwest of the Ash Heap region. There's a particular vending machine you're after which will sell you mining maps. Pick these up as they'll mark mining locations on your map, and more often than not, these locations will contain Black Titanium deposits - perfect.
So without further ado, here’s a list of locations where you can find Black Titanium:
- North of Mothman Museum, there’s a small island in the middle of the river which is home to a number of Deathclaws. They each drop between 1-4 Black Titanium pieces when taken out, so it’s a spot well worth checking out.
- There are plenty of Mole Miner suits in the Garrahan Mining Headquarters which can be scrapped for Black Titanium.
- Gorge Junkyard to the northwest of Morgantown Station has a harvestable Black Titanium deposit.
- The molten Belching Betty mine, in the northern part of the Ash Heap region has some rare Black Titanium which you can mine. Just make sure you’re wearing Power Armor or suitable heat protection before delving in.
- The Lucky Hole Mine to the west of Fort Defiance has some Black Titanium which you scoop up.
- There’s a Black Titanium deposit west of the Ranger District Office at Cranberry Bog.
- The Burning Mine on the east side of the Ash Heap is also home to Black Titanium. Again, be sure to don some heat protection before heading inside!
It's also worth watching this video by Mexsus which'll show you a simple method of farming Black Titanium without too much effort at all: