Our Diablo Immortal guide contains everything we know so far about the new mobile Diablo game.
Diablo’s arrived on mobile, and brings the classic looter to your pocket. It features six classes, new stories, dungeons and all of the wonderfully satisfying hack n’ slash gameplay we’ve adored for years - oh, and it’s massively multiplayer too.
Currently, information is a little thin on the ground, but we’ll be updating this page with loads of new details once we learn more.
Diablo Immortal: Everything we know so far
Here's a list of all the details as they're revealed from the panel:
- It’s on mobile for Android and iOS devices. No current plans to bring this to other platforms.
- No release date has been set yet. When questioned on this, Blizzard simply stated that it would release "when it's ready". Could be a while...
- There are six classes in total: Barbarian, Crusader, Demon Hunter, Necromancer, Wizard and Monk. There will be more classes post launch. Announcers have alluded to Assassin and Witchdoctor.
- All classes have 12 skills. You can assign 5 to your active hotbar. Potential skill customisation is in the works.
- There is gear progression, and of course, legendary gear.
- Hardcore mode isn't in the works, but it hasn't entirely been ruled out. Don't expect it at launch.
- Login to Diablo Immortal and it'll be synced with Battle.net.
- Features classic Diablo gameplay.
- It’s an MMO, so Blizzard plans to make this an ongoing experience.
- There's a region called "Bilefen". It's a murky, swampy region.
- There's a region called "Frozen Tundra". As you'd expect, it'll be a harsh, snowy region filled with chilly caves and icey wastes.
- There's a region called "Zoltun Kulle's Library" that's set in the desert. Mad mage Zoltun Kulle has laid many traps and defenses in this place, and you'll need to fight through various, tricky challenges to claim the treasure that lies at the end.
- Shared, organic interactions can take place in Diablo Immortal.
- There are instanced dungeons for up to 4 players.
- Instances: Kikuras Rapids, Tomb of Fahir, Forgotten Tower.
- In instanced dungeons, monsters stay dead - unlike the outside world regions.
- There is a capital city called Westmarch. It's the hub space where you'll meet other players and will act similarly to cities found in other Blizzard games like WoW, for example.
- You control characters using a virtual controller. You can move and aim your skills at the same time using your thumb.
- It’s Blizzard’s chance to explore 20 years of untold stories that happened in between Diablo 2 and Diablo 3.
- It will answer a lot of questions that bridge the two stories.
- There will be new stories for beloved characters.
- Partnered with NetEase for Diablo Immortal, a company Blizzard has had a relationship with for nearly 10 years.