Our Diablo 3 Season 16 Guide includes the start date, Haedrig's Gift Class Sets, Seasonal Conquests, cosmetic rewards and Season Journey rewards.
We're only a matter of days away from the start of Season 16 in Diablo 3. If you've played any of the previous Seasons then you'll know what to expect here: a new selection of Class Sets to grab via Haedrig's Gift, some fancy new cosmetic items to add to your collection, and a meaty selection of special challenges to complete along the way.
What's different this time around though? Well, in our comprehensive guide to Season 16, we've gathered together all the details you need in one place. If you want to jump to a specific part of the guide, just use the links down below and you can get up to speed nice and quickly. Good luck Nephalems!
1. Start Date - When Season 16 of Diablo 3 is scheduled to begin.
2. Class Sets - The Class Sets you'll be able to unlock in Season 16.
3. Theme - Details of the passive buff in play for Season 16.
4. Cosmetic Rewards - The new cosmetics you'll be able to unlock.
5. Season Journey Rewards - How to unlock another stash tab in Season 16.
6. Seasonal Conquests - Details of the top-tier challenges in Season 16.
Start Date (Season 16)
Season 16 of Diablo 3 will begin on January 18th 2019, which is around two weeks after the end of Season 15.
Haedrig's Gift Class Sets (Season 16)
As usual you'll be able to work your way through a series of Seasonal Chapters in order to unlock a complete set of gear for your current Seasonal character of choice.
Here's who's getting what this time around:
- Barbarian - Immortal King: Immortal King Barbarian guide
- Crusader - Seeker of the Light: Seeker of the Light Crusader guide
- Demon Hunter - Natalya's Vengeance: Natalya Demon Hunter guide
- Monk - Uliana's Stratagem
- Necromancer - Trag'Oul's Avatar
- Witch Doctor - Spirit of Arachyr
- Wizard - Vyr's Amazing Arcane: Vyr Wizard guide
Just remember that, as in previous Seasons, you'll only be able to unlock one Class Set in Season 16, so choose your character wisely.
If you're unfamiliar with the process of unlocking Seasonal Class Sets, you simply need to complete Chapters 2-4 of the Season Journey, the details of which will be available in-game once the Season 16 patch goes live.
Season Theme (Season 16)
A new buff is being introduced with Season 16 of Diablo 3, and it's all about the special power of that eternally essential item, the Ring of Royal Grandeur.
When equipped, whether directly or through Kanai's Cube, this item reduces the number of items needed to gain a Set bonus by one - effectively allowing you to mix and match multiple Class Sets.
In Season 16, all Seasonal players will receive this benefit as a passive bonus. That means you won't have to go through the hassle of hunting the ring down, although keep in mind that this passive buff won't stack with an equipped Ring of Royal Grandeur, should you manage to find one.
By providing this buff, Blizzard hopes that theorycrafters will have more scope for experimentation and optimisation of builds by incorporating new gearing strategies.
The Ring of Royal Grandeur buff will not be applied to players who choose to level up a Non-Seasonal character during Season 16.
Cosmetic Rewards (Season 16)
In Season 16 of Diablo 3 you'll be able to unlock a trio of unique items by completing all elements of the Season Journey.
The items consist of a Helm and Shoulders set and some new cosmetic wings. Here's a quick snapshot of what's on offer:
Season Journey Rewards (Season 16)
Complete the Conqueror tier in the Season Journey and you'll be able to unlock a new tab in your loot stash (assuming you haven't already unlocked all four already, that is).
Here's a list of all the Conqueror tier challenges that will be available in Season 16:
- Guardian of Sanctuary: Finish a level 70 Nephalem Rift on Torment XIII within five minutes
- Gem of My Life: Level three Legendary Gems to level 55
- All I Do Is Win: Complete two Conquests this Season
- In for The Kill: Kill Azmodan at level 70 in under 30 seconds on Torment XIII difficulty
- Money Ain’t a Thang: Slay Greed on Torment XIII difficulty
- Take U There: Reach Greater Rift level 60 Solo
- Power Amplification: Use Kanai’s Cube to augment an Ancient Legendary item with a level 50+ gem
- Cubic Reconfiguration: Use Kanai’s Cube to reforge a Legendary item
Seasonal Conquests (Season 16)
More Seasonal Conquests are coming into the rotation with Season 16 as well. Here's a breakdown of the challenges you can work through this time around:
- Speed Demon / Need for Speed: Complete a Nephalem Rift at Level 70 on Tormet X or higher in under two minutes
- On a Good Day / I Can't Stop: Level three Legendary Gems to 65
- Boss Mode / World's Apart: Eliminate bosses at Level 70 and Torment X in under 20 minutes (see list below)
- Curses! / Stars Align: Defeat 350 Cursed Chest monsters at Level 70 on Torment X or higher
- Years of War / Dynasty: Clear a Greater Rift Level 55 Solo with the full bonuses of any six full Class sets
Here's a list of all the bosses you'll need to eliminate for the Boss Mode / World's Apart Seasonal Conquest:
- The Skeleton King
- The Butcher
- Zoltun Kulle
- Queen Araneae
- Siegebreaker Assault Beast
That's the end of the first edition of our Diablo 3 Season 16 guide. As more information is confirmed by Blizzard we'll be sure to add it in with a future update.