Our Call of Duty: WW2 - Free For All guide contains tips, tricks and strategy advice to help you beat all the competition.
As the name suggests, playing Free For All in Call of Duty: WW2 means you can throw teamwork out the window and focus squarely on fending for yourself and topping the leaderboard.
For purists who don’t want to be weighed down by objectives and other teammates, Free For All makes for an excellent, destructive playground. Your only aim is to get more kills than everyone else, which makes for a brilliant way to hone your skills and test your mettle against other players.
To help you get to grips with Free For All we’ve put together a handy guide down below with a number of tips and tricks that’ll be continuously updated over time.
Head back to our main Call of Duty: WW2 multiplayer guide for expert insight on every other area of the competitive game!
How does Free For All work?
- One pool of 8 players.
- Match timer of 10 minutes.
- Each kill is worth 1 point.
- The first player to reach 30 points is the winner.
- If a player hasn’t reached 30 points, then the player with the most points once the timer has elapsed is the winner.
- As you’ll be going up against absolutely everyone, make sure you’re always ready to pull the trigger. Don’t be afraid to pre-aim when rounding corners or spots where you think an enemy could be lying in wait.
- If you’ve got perks and abilities that’ll help you stay under the radar, we recommend you go ahead and equip them. Anything that prevents you from being detected by UAVs, or quiets your footsteps is a major advantage when everyone is out to get you.
- If you spot an enemy but aren’t in a good position to shoot them, it’s worth holding off for a until you’re in a better spot to secure the kill - you don’t want to give away your position needlessly.
- If you’re unsure which Division to roll with in your first few games of Free For All, we suggest going with Infantry. It’s bog-standard, easy to pick up and one of the best all round classes.
- Value your own life over taking the enemies’. Of course it’s important to chase kills, but don’t get too carried away and give your opponents the opportunity to do the same!
- Make it a habit to check your radar periodically for any enemies that might be nearby - it’s a brilliant source of information.
- We don’t encourage camping as it may net you one kill but enemies will clock where you’re residing and come after you straight away. Instead, it’s better to keep on the move so you’re creating opportunities to get kills rather than waiting around for them.
- Always aim for the head when you’re engaged in a gunfight. You’ll do far more damage and reduce the time to kill tremendously.
- Try and choose a weapon that’s appropriate to the map you’re playing on. Submachine guns and Shotguns suit close knit maps, while Rifles and Snipers are perfect for more open environments.
That’s all we’ve got for now, but we’ll continue to update this guide with further strategy advice as we get more hands on time with Free For All. Keep this article on your radar for more tips and tricks soon!