Our Call of Duty: WW2 - Domination guide contains tips, tricks and strategy advice that’ll ensure you’re always coming out on top.
When it comes to Call of Duty, Domination is as classic as it gets. You’re tasked with capturing and holding as many objectives as you can in order to gain more points than the enemy team. It’s hectic stuff.
There are a total of three objectives dotted across each of the maps and it’s up to you and your team to hold them. Of course, this is easier said than done as the enemy team will be fighting you for those all important points.
At first it’s incredibly frantic, but once you become accustomed to the chaos there’s a few strategies that’ll ultimately swing the point advantage in your favour. We’ve listed these, along with a few other tips and tricks down below.
Head back to our main Call of Duty: WW2 multiplayer guide for expert insight on every other area of the competitive game!
How does Domination Work?
- Two teams of 6 players.
- Three objectives around each map.
- Players are tasked with capturing and holding as many of these objectives as they can.
- The more objectives you hold, the more points you accrue per second.
- Once a team reaches 100 points, a half time is called and both teams swap sides.
- The first team to reach 200 points wins.
- We highly recommend choosing a weapon that’s appropriate to the type of map that you’re playing on. If you’re fighting on a vast, expansive battlefield a sniper rifle could do the trick. Otherwise, if you’re shooting enemies at close quarters a submachine gun would be an effective choice of weapon.
- It may sound obvious, but it’s vital that you’re trying to hold more than one objective at all times. This means that you’re constantly accruing more points than the enemy team and can be safe in the knowledge that a win is on the cards.
- If you’re struggling to gain control of a certain point and constantly dying trying to reach an objective it’s worth going for a different one. Sometimes an enemy might be heavily defending one point but completely ignoring another - it’s worth a shot.
- Be hesitant when pushing an objective by yourself. So often we’ve tried to sneak behind enemy lines and capture a point thinking we’re proper ninjas. In actuality, it always ended in our demise. Make sure you’ve got backup with you when pushing a point!
- Always pay close attention to your radar as it’s a vital source of information. We don’t mean staring at it constantly throughout the match, just try and develop a habit of checking it now and then to see if enemies are nearby.
- Before attempting to capture an objective, make sure to lob a grenade in for good measure. You never know who you might catch.
- If you’ve captured a second objective, try your best to hold onto it. Stay nearby and defend the point as best you can - it’s crucial that you’re racking up those points.
- Remember that your kill-death ratio doesn’t matter, Domination is all about playing the objective.
That’s all we’ve got for now, but we’ll continue to update this guide with further strategy advice as we get more hands on time with Domination. Keep this article on your radar for more tips and tricks soon!