In our guide to self-reviving in Apex Legends we explain where to obtain the item which lets you self-revive and how to do so.
If your health drops to zero in Apex Legends and at least one of your teammates is still alive, you won’t die immediately but go into a down-but-not-out state.
When you’re in this state you’ll be able to crawl along the floor, ping enemy and item locations and even raise your knockdown shield if you’ve got one equipped. The knockdown shield allows you to block a certain amount of damage from one direction, so it’s brilliant for prolonging your life just enough to get revived.
However, there’s a way to revive which doesn’t rely on teammates, that’s right - you can revive yourself and get straight back into the action. Below we’ll explain how it works and what you’ll need to obtain in order to do so.
Essential Apex Legends Coverage
- Apex Legends: Guide - Our core guide to the game
- Apex Legends: Best Weapons - Every weapon's stats examined
- Apex Legends: Map Guide - Getting to grips with the battleground
- Apex Legends: Best Loot Spots - How to gear up fast
- Apex Legends: Best Characters - An overview of every Legend
- Apex Legends: Abilities - Every passive, tactical and ultimate ability
- Apex Legends: Best FPS settings - How to get a performance boost on PC
- Apex Legends: Controls - Controls for playing on PC, PS4 or Xbox One
- Apex Legends: Battle Pass Guide - What's coming with Season play
- Apex Legends: System Requirements - Specs to run the game on PC
- Apex Legends: Download / Install - How to get started on all platforms
How to self-revive in Apex Legends
To pull off a self revive in Apex Legends you need to get hold of a Legendary knockdown shield. You’re unlikely to find one out in the wild, and if you do, it’s an extremely rare drop.
To increase your chances of getting one, we’d recommend hunting down Supply Drops, dropping in Hot Zones and landing on the Supply Ship. All of these options present their own risks, so be careful if you’re gunning it for the best loot as, chances are, everyone else will be too.
Once you’ve found a Legendary knockdown shield, go about equipping it. If you go down with it equipped you’ll get one opportunity to self-revive. It takes a good few seconds and you’ll be completely static while doing so, so make sure you’ve found a decent hiding spot first.
If you manage to self-revive but get downed a second time, you won’t have the option anymore. You’ve got one chance so make sure you use it wisely. With this in mind, it’s best to save the ability to do so for crucial situations where you’re completely split from your teammates. If you’re confident your teammates will clean up shop and come revive you in a second or two, it’s worth holding off.
In the video we’ve embedded below, Scahty shows you how it’s done: