How to download and install Apex Legends on PS4, Xbox and PC, along with installation size details for the latter.
Apex Legends is out now and is currently tearing up the Twitch charts with its battle royale gameplay set within the ever-popular universe of Titanfall. Just don't expect to see those Titans, as the developers couldn't find a way of maintaining their power fantasy while actually balancing the game well.
It's a pity, but there's no denying that the game is still a tonne of fun to play. How do you actually download and install Apex Legends though? Well, it's not quite so easy for the average Steam player, as you won't find the game listed on that store. Instead, it's available directly through EA's Origin store, so you'll need to get that interface up and running first.
To help players on all platforms get started with Apex Legends, we've put together step by step guides for getting the game up and running on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. If there's anything you're having trouble with, just let us know in the comments and we'll do our best to point you in the right direction.
Essential Apex Legends Coverage
- Apex Legends: Guide - Our core guide to the game
- Apex Legends: Best Weapons - Every weapon's stats examined
- Apex Legends: Map Guide - Getting to grips with the battleground
- Apex Legends: Best Loot Spots - How to gear up fast
- Apex Legends: Best Characters - An overview of every Legend
- Apex Legends: Abilities - Every passive, tactical and ultimate ability
- Apex Legends: Best FPS settings - How to get a performance boost on PC
- Apex Legends: Controls - Controls for playing on PC, PS4 or Xbox One
- Apex Legends: Battle Pass Guide - What's coming with Season play
- Apex Legends: System Requirements - Specs to run the game on PC
- Apex Legends: Download / Install - How to get started on all platforms
Installation Apex Legends on PC
The game is free to play on all platforms, meaning there's no barrier to entry at all, but you are going to have to first of all grab EA's Origin store client if you want to play on PC.
Here's a step by step walkthrough for getting started:
- 1. If you don't already have the Origin client installed on your PC, head to the Origin download page, download it, and then following the installation instructions (https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store)
- 2. Once you've installed Origin, launch it and then enter Apex Legends into the search box.
- 3. When you've found the listing for the game, simply select it and you'll be taken through to the game's store page.
- 4. From the store listing, simply choose the Download and Install option.
Installing Apex Legends on PlayStation 4
It's pretty easy to get up and running on the console versions of Apex Legends, as you simply need to hunt down the title as you would any other game.
To make things crystal clear though, here's what you need to do to download Apex Legends on PlayStation 4.
- 1. Fire up your console, and then select PlayStation Store from the interface once you're in.
- 2. Go to the search bar, then use your controller to enter Apex Legends. It's possible it's being promoted as well right now, which will make it easier to find.
- 3. Once you've located Apex Legends, you can select the option to download it and add to your library.
- 4. To play Apex Lgends, just return to your main library and select the game from there. Easy peasy!
- Apex Legends: Bangalore Guide - How to play Bangalore
- Apex Legends: Bloodhound Guide - Tips for mastering the Legend
- Apex Legends: Caustic Guide - How to play the toxic Caustic
- Apex Legends: Gibraltar Guide - How to play the defensive powerhouse
- Apex Legends: Lifeline Guide - Help playing the support Legend
- Apex Legends: Mirage Guide - Getting started with Mirage
- Apex Legends: Pathfinder Guide - Tips for grappling with Pathfinder
- Apex Legends: Wraith Guide - How to play the stealth-focused Legend
Installing Apex Legends on Xbox One
Things are pretty similar when it comes to installing Apex Legends on Microsoft's console. Again though, here's a complete guide to getting started - just keep in mind that you must have Xbox Live Gold if you want to play the game on this system:
- 1. Turn on your Xbox One and then navigate to the Microsoft Store page.
- 2. Search for Apex Legends in the store page. As with the PlayStation 4 method, it's possible the game is being promoted on the storefront at the time of publishing this article too.
- 3. Select Apex Legends from the listing, then download the game to your console.
There you go! That's the end of our guide to installing Apex Legends on PC, Xbox One and PS4. There's not a great deal more to the process than that, but do let us know if you're having any problems in the comments.