Our Apex Legends Abilities page lists every Ultimate, Passive and Tactical ability available across all eight Legends currently in the game.
Apex Legends sets itself apart from the rest of the battle royale pack by providing a selection of very individual heroes to play with. Known as Legends, each one of these characters has a unique combat flavour thanks to their defining abilities.
There are eight such Legends in the game right now, and each one has their own passive, tactical and ultimate ability. As the name suggests, the passive skill is always in play, but tactical and ultimate abilities have to be used at just the right moment if you want to exploit the strategic advantages they provide.
If you've played games like Overwatch, Dota or League of Legends then you'll know what to expect from ultimates. These are big, flashy abilities that have the potential to change the course of a match if used correctly. Big strategic advantages await the team that can make the best use of these powerful abilities.
To help you understand how all of these skills work across the game, we've highlighted each one and explained exactly what they do. You might also find this handy for picking a Legend that will suit your playstyle!
As new Legends are added to the game, we'll expand on this article so that you can always find the complete list of Apex Legends abilities right here in one place.
Bangalore provides the team with the ability to smoke out areas of the map, drive enemies into the open with a powerful ultimate, and move more quickly when taking damage. [Bangalore Guide]
- Passive - Doubletime - Taking fire while sprinting makes you move faster for a brief time.
- Tactical - Smoke Launcher: Fire a high velocity smoke canister that explodes into a smoke wall on impact.
- Ultimate - Call in an artillery strike that slowly creeps across the landscape.
Bloodhound is a fantastic support Legend who excels at tracking down enemy players, and providing crucial tactical intel to the team as a whole. [Bloodhound Guide]
- Passive - Tracker - Foes leave behind clues for you to find.
- Tactical - Eye of the Allfather - Briefly reveal enemies, traps, and clues through all structures in front of you.
- Ultimate - Beast of the Hunt - Transform into the ultimate hunter. Enhances your senses, allowing you to see cold tracks and move faster.
As the name suggests, Caustic turns the air toxic with abilities that favour noxious gas which can quickly overwhelm opponents. [Caustic Guide]
- Passive - Nox Vision - You gain threat vision on enemies when moving through your gas.
- Tactical - Nox Gas Trap - Place up to 6 canisters that release deadly Nox has when shot or triggered by enemies.
- Ultimate - Box Gas Grenade - Blanket a large area in Nox gas.
Gibraltar is built around personal and team defense, and will suit anyone who likes to provide their team with an extra defensive edge. [Gibraltar Guide]
- Passive - Gun Shield - Aiming down sights deploys a gun shield that blocks incoming fire
- Tactical - Dome of Protection - Throw down a dome-shield that blocks attacks for 15 seconds.
- Ultimate - Defensive Bombardment - Call in a concentrated mortar strike on a position you mark with smoke.
Essential Apex Legends Coverage
- Apex Legends: Guide - Our core guide to the game
- Apex Legends: Best Weapons - Every weapon's stats examined
- Apex Legends: Map Guide - Getting to grips with the battleground
- Apex Legends: Best Loot Spots - How to gear up fast
- Apex Legends: Best Characters - An overview of every Legend
- Apex Legends: Abilities - Every passive, tactical and ultimate ability
- Apex Legends: Best FPS settings - How to get a performance boost on PC
- Apex Legends: Controls - Controls for playing on PC, PS4 or Xbox One
- Apex Legends: Battle Pass Guide - What's coming with Season play
- Apex Legends: System Requirements - Specs to run the game on PC
- Apex Legends: Download / Install - How to get started on all platforms
Lifeline is the most clearly defined healer in Apex Legends, and has abilities that bring people back to life faster, keep them alive longer, and get them tooled up too. [Lifeline Guide]
- Passive - Combat Medic - Revive knocked down teammates faster while protected by a shield wall. Healing items are used 25% faster.
- Tactical - D.O.C. Heal Drone - The Drone of Compassion (DOC) automatically heals those near it over time.
- Ultimate - Care Package - Call in a drop full of high quality defensive gear.
Mirage is a tricky character to play well, but can conjure up holograms and distractions to keep the enemy players guessing at all times. [Mirage Guide]
- Passive - Encore! - Automatically drop a decoy and cloak for 5 seconds when knocked down.
- Tactical - Psyche Out - Send out a holographic decoy to confuse the enemy.
- Ultimate - Vanishing Act - Mirage deploys a team of decoys to distract enemies while he cloaks.
Enhanced mobility is the defining characteristic of Pathfinder, allowing both the player and the team to zip around the playable landscape with ease. [Pathfinder Guide]
- Passive - Insider Knowledge - Scan a survey beacon to reveal the ring's next location.
- Tactical - Grappling Hook - Grapple to get to out-of-reach places quickly.
- Ultimate - Zipline Gun - Creates a zipline for everyone to use.
If you prefer to take a stealthier approach to combat, give Wraith a go. This tricky character can manipulate space to create portals, and turn invisible to either escape danger or bring it to the other players. [Wraith Guide]
- Passive - Voices from the Void - You hear voices when danger approaches.
- Tactical - Into the Void - Reposition quickly through the safety of the 'void' space, avoiding all damage.
- Ultimate - Dimensional Rift - Link 2 locations with portals for 60 seconds.