Our Apex Legends Abilities page lists every Passive, Tactical and Ultimate ability available to all eight Legends currently available in the game.
One of the things we really like about Apex Legends is the hero-based gameplay. Called Legends in-game, these heroes all bring an extra dimension to the traditional Battle Royale experience with their unique abilities.
All eight Legends have three abilities, one passive, one tactical and the other ultimate. The passive skill is always in effect and requires no micro-management on your part. Tactical abilities are activated by the player and offer up all sorts of special interactions and gameplay advantages.
Finally, there are Ultimate abilities which you'll be familiar with if you've ever played the likes of Overwatch, League of Legends or DOTA. Once it's fully charged up, you can choose to unleash a ferociously powerful ability which can give you and your teammates a significant advantage.
Below we've broken down all of the abilities for every Legend currently in the game. As more Legends are introduced over time, we'll update this article so you have a one-stop resource to stay on top of the emerging meta.
Essential Apex Legends Coverage
- Apex Legends: Guide - Our core guide to the game
- Apex Legends: Best Weapons - Every weapon's stats examined
- Apex Legends: Map Guide - Getting to grips with the battleground
- Apex Legends: Best Loot Spots - How to gear up fast
- Apex Legends: Best Characters - An overview of every Legend
- Apex Legends: Abilities - Every passive, tactical and ultimate ability
- Apex Legends: Best FPS settings - How to get a performance boost on PC
- Apex Legends: Controls - Controls for playing on PC, PS4 or Xbox One
- Apex Legends: Battle Pass Guide - What's coming with Season play
- Apex Legends: System Requirements - Specs to run the game on PC
- Apex Legends: Download / Install - How to get started on all platforms
- Passive - Doubletime - Taking fire while sprinting makes you move faster for a brief time.
- Tactical - Smoke Launcher: Fire a high velocity smoke canister that explodes into a smoke wall on impact.
- Ultimate - Call in an artillery strike that slowly creeps across the landscape.
- Passive - Tracker - Foes leave behind clues for you to find.
- Tactical - Eye of the Allfather - Briefly reveal enemies, traps, and clues through all structures in front of you.
- Ultimate - Beast of the Hunt - Transform into the ultimate hunter. Enhances your senses, allowing you to see cold tracks and move faster.
- Passive - Nox Vision - You gain threat vision on enemies when moving through your gas.
- Tactical - Nox Gas Trap - Place up to 6 canisters that release deadly Nox has when shot or triggered by enemies.
- Ultimate - Box Gas Grenade - Blanket a large area in Nox gas.
- Passive - Gun Shield - Aiming down sights deploys a gun shield that blocks incoming fire
- Tactical - Dome of Protection - Throw down a dome-shield that blocks attacks for 15 seconds.
- Ultimate - Defensive Bombardment - Call in a concentrated mortar strike on a position you mark with smoke.
- Apex Legends: Bangalore Guide - How to play Bangalore
- Apex Legends: Bloodhound Guide - Tips for mastering the Legend
- Apex Legends: Caustic Guide - How to play the toxic Caustic
- Apex Legends: Gibraltar Guide - How to play the defensive powerhouse
- Apex Legends: Lifeline Guide - Help playing the support Legend
- Apex Legends: Mirage Guide - Getting started with Mirage
- Apex Legends: Pathfinder Guide - Tips for grappling with Pathfinder
- Apex Legends: Wraith Guide - How to play the stealth-focused Legend
- Passive - Combat Medic - Revive knocked down teammates faster while protected by a shield wall. Healing items are used 25% faster.
- Tactical - D.O.C. Heal Drone - The Drone of Compassion (DOC) automatically heals those near it over time.
- Ultimate - Care Package - Call in a drop full of high quality defensive gear.
- Passive - Encore! - Automatically drop a decoy and cloak for 5 seconds when knocked down.
- Tactical - Psyche Out - Send out a holographic decoy to confuse the enemy.
- Ultimate - Vanishing Act - Mirage deploys a team of decoys to distract enemies while he cloaks.
- Passive - Insider Knowledge - Scan a survey beacon to reveal the ring's next location.
- Tactical - Grappling Hook - Grapple to get to out-of-reach places quickly.
- Ultimate - Zipline Gun - Creates a zipline for everyone to use.
- Passive - Voices from the Void - You hear voices when danger approaches.
- Tactical - Into the Void - Reposition quickly through the safety of the 'void' space, avoiding all damage.
- Ultimate - Dimensional Rift - Link 2 locations with portals for 60 seconds.