Legends of Runeterra's full release is coming soon, with a whole new card set, Rising Tides. Here's all the info you need, including new Champions and Regions.
A whole host of new Champions is coming, as well as an entire Region in the Rising Tides update. We've put everything you need to know in this handy guide.
Legends of Runeterra Rising Tides expansion - everything you need to know
There's a whole lot of information for Rising Tides, so check out the navigation below to jump between sections.
When's it launching?
You'll be able to play the new Rising Tides expansion at 10am PT (6pm UK Time) on Tuesday 28th April 2020 on PC. You'll have to wait until the same time on Thursday 30th April 2020 to play on mobile. We've got all the info you need for Legends of Runeterra's launch if you need it.
11 Champions are coming to Legends of Runeterra with the Rising Tides expansions - 5 for Bilgewater and one for each of the existing Regions. Below are the ones we know so far:
- Miss Fortune - Bilgewater
- Fizz - Bilgewater
- Gangplank - Bilgewater
- Twisted Fate - Bilgewater
- Nautilus - Bilgewater
- Swain - Noxus
- Quinn - Demacia
- Maokai - Shadow Isles
- Vi - Piltover and Zaun
- Lee Sin - Ionia
- Sejuani - Freljord
New Region - Bilgewater
Bilgewater is the first newly-added region to Legends of Runeterra. It's got a heavily nautical theme, and brings with it a load of new keywords you can read about below.
You'll be able to take your enemies out with bombs and blunderbusses and sea monsters, whilst plundering the depths for stolen goodies. The new Region is getting 5 new Champions - Miss Fortune, Fizz, Gangplank, Nautilus, and Twisted Fate. We're excited to see how these shape the meta during the Season of Plunder.
With the Season of Plunder and Bilgewater's addition to the game, new keywords are in order. Here's what to look out for in the full release of Legends of Runeterra:
- Deep - Your deck is Deep when you're down to your last 15 cards. Sea monsters will get +3/+3 when you're Deep into your deck, allowing for some brutal finishes if you can get to that point in the game.
- Toss - This is the main way you'll be getting Deep into your deck. Toss gets rid of a number of non-Champion cards from the bottom of your deck, bringing you ever closer to the depths.
- Plunder - A card triggers its Plunder ability if you play it after you've already hit the enemy Nexus this round. Bilgewater will have a great deal of chance to get chip damage onto the enemy Nexus, and these decks will find it easy to trigger Plunders.
- Attune - 'When I'm summoned, refill 1 Spell Mana'. This is a small effect that can enable you to squeeze a whole lot more value into a turn, or fill your Spell Mana for later on.
- Vulnerable - Vulnerable makes a unit susceptible to be Challenged by an enemy, even if the foe doesn't have Challenger.
- Scout - The first time only Scout units attack, ready your attack. You can get an extra Attack Token when you hit with only Scouts, allowing your whole board to follow up for bigger damage, attacking twice in a turn.
- 1. Deck Tier List - Legends of Runeterra: Deck Tier List
- 2. Best Decks - Legends of Runeterra: Best Decks
- 3. Best Budget Decks - Legends of Runeterra: Best Budget Decks (January 2020)
- 4. Fearsome Midrange guide - Legends of Runeterra: Teemo Mushroom deck list guide
- 5. Rivershaper Fiora deck guide - Legends of Runeterra: Rivershaper Fiora deck list guide
New Cosmetic Items
New boards and guardians will be available for purchase from the Store section of the game client. In addition to the Slaughter Docks board pictured below, you'll be able to unlock a few new Guardians, as well as emotes.
Powder Monkey is a cute little explodey bomb monkey who'll cause all kinds of mischief while you play, exploding when clicked on. Baley is an adorable dog thing with a light-beam-hole-face. Spooky stuff.
You'll also be able to unlock a bunch of new card backs - one for each Region. They can be unlocked through Region Rewards. You can also purchase the following new Champion-themed card backs for 490 Gold apiece:
- The Loose Cannon - Jinx themed
- The Unforgiven - Yasuo themed
- The Might of Demacia - Garen themed
For logging in at the launch of Legends of Runeterra, you'll receive various bonus items. In addition to a Moonstruck Poro Guardian for logging into Legends of Runeterra before the 7th of May, rewards will be given for logging in multiple times during the launch week. Here's what you can get for the first week login rewards:
- Day 1 - 1 x Capsule
- Day 2 - 1 x Expedition Token
- Day 3 - 1 x Golden Chest
- Day 4 - 1 x Commander Ledros, 2 x Atrocity
- Day 5 - 1 x Champion Capsule
- Day 6 - 1 x Platinum Chest
- Day 7 - 2 x Ashe, 1 x Rimetusk Shaman, 1 x Icy Yeti, 2 x Icevale Archer, 2 x Shatter. Also, a starter deck: 'Freeze and Decay' will be added to your collection based on these cards.
If any of these cards are duplicates, you'll get shards instead. Check out our Legends of Runeterra Progression page for more information.