Our Legends of Runeterra Braum Poro deck list guide features the best Poro deck list for the open beta season of Legends of Runeterra. Our Braum Poro deck guide contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
If you’re looking for a rundown of the best decks Legends of Runeterra has to offer, check out our Legends of Runeterra Best Decks page!
In Legends of Runeterra, a Poro deck is filled with cute low cost critters and cards which buff them up. With this in mind, it’s quite simple to play and incredibly satisfying to watch as your minions ramp up to become genuine late game threats.
We’d say this Braum/Tryndamere Poro deck is a good place to start for beginners who want a fun deck to pilot, as well as one that’ll teach you the basics of playing cards in the right order to buff your minions, and draw more poros!
Here's a breakdown of all the cards you'll want in your Braum Poro deck. Thanks to VincentGrand for this one!
|3 x Omen Hawk|
|3 x Lonely Poro|
|2 x Brittle Steel|
|2 x Starlit Seer|
|3 x Mighty Poro|
|3 x Iceborn Legacy|
|3 x Take Heart|
|3 x Braum|
|2 x Poro Herder|
|3 x Avarosan Outriders|
|3 x Poro Snax|
|3 x Avarosan Hearthguard|
|3 x Heart of the Fluft|
|2 x Pack Mentality|
|2 x Tryndamere|
To play this deck, log into the Legends of Runeterra client, open your Collection and click ‘Decks’. Click on 'Import Deck', and paste the deck import code below and then save.
Deck Import ID: CEAQUAIBAYEASEAWEUUSWLRVAECQCAIZDYQCOOIA
Throughout the game you’ll want to be playing out cards which buff cards in your deck, as well as those in your hand. This way you’ll likely draw buffed, low cost Poros with a variety of keywords which will give you plenty of aggressive or defensive options. Another aim is to get Braum buffed up for board presence, and eventually leveled up too. This way he’ll help you generate more Poros! Eventually, Tryndamere will help you get over the finish line and should go nicely with your Mighty Poros for Overwhelm damage.
Early Game: Ideally you’ll want to draw Omen Hawk and a Lonely Poro to buff the top cards in your hand and get the Poro train rolling. Early is where you’ll want to make the most of your Lonely Poros to give yourself Poros with keywords in your hand. This way you’ll have plenty of options to deal with your opponent.
Avarosan Outriders is a strong 4 mana play which will give the top unit in your deck +3/+3 and Overwhelm. Not only will this grant you a strong attacking unit, it gives you the chance to draw a heavily buffed Braum early on. If not a Braum, it still guarantees whatever you draw to be a strong play. Take Heart is great tool for creating a big Braum - wait for him to take damage, drop the spell and he’ll be a nightmare for the enemy to deal with.
Mid Game: Essentially, continue what you’re doing. If you’ve got Poro Snax to hand it’s a great spell to pop when blocking or attacking to squeeze out more damage and surprise your opponents. And of course, it’ll buff every Poro in your deck, your hand, on the board, everywhere (!) by +1/+1. Don’t be afraid to use your Brittle Steel for some surprise damage prevention.
You should now have enough mana to lay down any Avarosan Hearthguards. Again, they’re big units and grant every card in your deck +1/+1, so they should force your opponent to trade, or at least use some spells to deal with them. At this point in the game, you should have quite a few Poros and minions on your board. Use them wisely to maintain board control. Poro Herder can be used to get some more Poros involved if you’re lacking in numbers too. Heart of the Fluft is also great tool to create a beefy unit with a number of keywords to apply pressure.
Late Game: Now it’s important to get a number of buffed Poros in hand, or at least on the board. Buff them up with Poro Snax, and summon some in with Braum if need be as you’ll want to set up for a big combo. Either play Heart of the Fluft to create big units and free up board space or cast Pack Mentality. This will give all of your Poros a huge +3/+3 with Overwhelm buff, that could be enough for lethal damage. Tryndamere is the icing on the cake if you can drop him in for more Overwhelm damage and even more lethal threat.
- 1. Best Decks - Legends of Runeterra: Best Decks
- 2. Best Budget Decks - Legends of Runeterra: Best Budget Decks (January 2020)
- 3. Teemo Mushroom deck guide - Legends of Runeterra: Teemo Mushroom deck list guide
- 4. Braum Poro deck guide - Legends of Runeterra: Braum Poro deck list guide
- 5. Pokrovac's Elise Spider Aggro deck guide - Legends of Runeterra: Elise Spider Aggro deck list guide
- 6. Heimerdinger Control deck guide - Legends of Runeterra: Heimerdinger Control deck list guide
- 7. Discard Aggro Draven guide - Legends of Runeterra: Pokrovac's Discard Aggro Draven deck list guide
- 8. Yasuo Elusive guide - Legends of Runeterra: Yasuo Elusive deck list guide
- 9. Barrier Fiora guide - Legends of Runeterra: Barrier Fiora deck list guide
Braum Poro Mulligan guide
These are the cards you’ll want to nab at the start of each match with Braum Poro:
- 1. Omen Hawk: You can’t go wrong with this bird. It’ll guarantee your next two minion draws will be stronger - lovely.
- 2. Lonely Poro: These little guys give you some nice early game board presence and will get the gears shifting towards total Poro domination.
- 3. Take Heart: A great spell to have if you draw Braum early, and if not, still good to have in hand. Use it for three mana on an injured Braum and it will make him exceptionally difficult to deal with early on.
- 4. Avarosan Outriders: Not an absolute must, but this isn’t a bad four mana play which will give your next minion draw a beefy buff.
Braum Poro tips, combos and synergies
Here's a quick overview of a few synergies and combos you'll want to keep an eye out for when playing this deck. As the meta develops we'll update this section, so stay tuned!
Video by Phreak
- Stick Starlit Seer on the board early in the game to maximise the value you'll gain from casting spells.
- Try and save at least one Take Heart for your Braum. Wait for him to take damage, use the spell and it'll transform him from a pacifist soaking up damage, to a big Challenger card with huge board presence.
- To maximise the value you gain from Heart of the Fluft, wait until you've got a decent number of buffed Poros (ideally with keywords) on your bench. This way they'll combine into a terrifying creation with big stats and a variety of keywords.
- Drop a Poro Herder if you're lacking on the Poro front, or to increase your ramp even further.
- Your Poro Snax can be used when blocking or attacking to surprise your opponents with a little extra damage.