Our Ezreal Karma deck list guide features the best Legends of Runeterra deck list for the Season of Plunder (May 2020). Our Ezreal Karma guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
If you’re looking for a rundown of the best decks Legends of Runeterra has to offer, check out our Legends of Runeterra Best Decks page!
Your main goal is staying alive for most of the game. Use whatever resources you’ve got to stay alive, and once you’ve done enough to level up Ezreal, you can usually finish off your opponent pretty damn quickly.
Ezreal synergises amazingly with Karma, because her doubling up of spell casting also doubles up on Ezreal’s direct Nexus damage, making the potential combos kind of ridiculous.
The best part is that you don’t even need to draw Karma and Ezreal early - they’ll come together late on for your combo and that’s all you need.
In the latest version of our Ezreal Karma guide, we’ve got the deck list we’re using for the open beta of Legends of Runeterra.
|Piltover and Zaun||Ionia|
|3 x Thermogenic Beam||3 x Eye of the Dragon|
|2 x Rummage||3 x Shadow Assassin|
|3 x Mystic Shot||3 x Concussive Palm|
|3 x Ezreal||3 x Deep Meditation|
|2 x Get Excited!||2 x Deny|
|3 x Chump Whump||2 x Will of Ionia|
|3 x Statikk Shock||3 x Karma|
|2 x Yone, Windchaser|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then click ‘Import Deck’ in Legends of Runeterra’s Collection to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: CEBQEAICFE4QGAQCAMCQSBIBAQNR6JBUHIBAEAIEAETQGAICAIYTQAA
This isn’t a deck based on board control or anything like that. No, this is a combo deck, and it takes a bit of effort and skill to make it work properly. Here’s a broad strategy to follow to make things a bit easier.
Early game: Try to keep hold of ards like Shadow Assassin and Eye of the Dragon. Board contesting is vital to survival with this deck, so make sure you keep blocking against aggro. You don’t need board control, just enough in the tank to survive. Your early removal spells will help Ezreal upgrade as you cast them too, so don’t feel bad about casting Thermogenic Beam on a minion early.
Against aggression, use whatever resources you need to survive. From stunning foes with Concussive Palm to stopping buffs with Deny, make sure you don’t waste all your mana before you know what your enemy is doing.
Mid game: Chump Whump is a perfect mid-game unit, but don’t cast the Mushroom Clouds yet. They don’t upgrade Ezreal, and are only useful after he’s been upgraded. If you happen to have an extra one or two in hand, Karma is nice to have generating spells each turn, especially if you haven’t drawn Deep Meditation yet.
Keep on targeting enemy units with your spells and skills. When you cast something on two enemies simultaneously, like Statikk Shock, it counts as two ticks to Ezreal’s upgrade, so keep this in mind. You can generate extra copies of Mystic Shot by hitting the enemy Nexus with Ezreal, but it’s often best to keep him in hand until you can combo your enemy down.
Late game: Once you’re Enlightened, you can play out Karma to get double casting on each of your spells. This works alongside Ezreal’s 2 Nexus damage with each spell cast too, which is why you want to be saving your 1 cost Burst spells earlier in the game.
We’ve found it possible to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat with Ezreal and Karma in play - if each spell deals 4 damage to the enemy Nexus, you can even kill them in the blocking phase of a battle when they’re about to attack you and you’re on the verge of dying.
Yone, Windchaser is a great option for surviving late on too - able to Stun two foes and stop them attacking for a turn. Of course, if you’ve drawn particularly badly, this counts for two ticks on Ezreal’s upgrade. Late on in the game though, you just need to balance staying alive with dealing that combo damage. Cheap Burst spells including Mushroom Cloud, Rummage, and the discounted Deep Meditation can all be doubled up by Karma for a super satisfying win for you (and devastating defeat for your enemy).
- 1. Deck Tier List - Legends of Runeterra: Deck Tier List
- 2. Best Decks to Try - Legends of Runeterra: Best Decks to Try
- 3. What do all the Keywords mean? - Legends of Runeterra: Keywords guide - What do they mean?
- 4. Best Budget Decks - Legends of Runeterra: Best Budget Decks (January 2020)
- 5. Expeditions guide - Legends of Runeterra: Expeditions guide
Ezreal Karma Mulligan guide
These are the cards you’ll want to make the best possible start with Ezreal Karma:
- 1. Thermogenic Beam is great removal throughout the game, and offers a start on upgrading Ezreal.
- 2. Eye of the Dragon lets you contest the board as well as summon Lifesteal units if you’ve been casting spells.
- 3. Shadow Assassin is good for cycling your deck, as well as chipping a bit of damage through thanks to Elusive.
Ezreal Karma tips, combos and synergies
Here’s an overview of the synergies to look out for in this Ezreal Karma deck. Keep an eye out for more once the metagame has time to grow.
- Remember - you often can’t afford to save Mystic Shot for Nexus damage. Take down enemy units with it instead, and help Ezreal upgrade.
- Keep in mind decks that use Fizz. His ability to cancel enemy spells from targeting him also removes them from targeting everything else, so your Statikk Shock will be completely cancelled if Fizz’ ability is activated. It’s extremely annoying.
- Deep Meditation costs just 2 mana if you cast 2 spells the turn before. It’s a Burst spell too, so is great alongside your finishing combo of Ezreal and Karma, as it’ll draw you more cards to hopefully kill the enemy with.
- Concussive Palm both Stuns an enemy and summons a 3/2 on board, letting you block. It’s great for defensive turns, but remember it’s a Fast spell so the enemy has a chance to respond.
- Keep in mind whether you’ve cast 2 spells on a given turn. If you have, you’ll be able to activate the abilities of Eye of the Dragon and Deep Meditation, so try to do this when feasible.
- Remember, you have to target enemy units to upgrade Ezreal, not your own. Hitting yourself or their Nexus with Mystic Shots won’t help.
- Ezreal generates a Mystic shot with every Nexus Strike, but it’s Fleeting and costs 2 mana. Try to make sure you have the mana to spare do you can cast it.