Our Elusive Buffs deck list guide features the best Legends of Runeterra deck list for the open beta (February 2020). Our Elusive Buffs guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
If you’re looking for a rundown of the best decks Legends of Runeterra has to offer, check out our Legends of Runeterra Best Decks page!
The goal for this deck is to grow your Elusive units into big, beefy units that can defend or hit face for massive damage. It’s not too tricky to pilot, and it’s highly satisfying to play as you begin to ramp up in power. So if you’re after a strong beginner deck, we’d highly recommend this one.
While it’s not too difficult to play, it still requires some decent strategy to win! We’ve put together a guide based on maggogx’s deck, so read on for some pointers on how to get the most out of this Elusive Buffs lineup.
Here's the latest Elusive Buffs deck list for Legends of Runeterra's open beta phase.
|3 x Inspiring Mentor||3 x Omen Hawk|
|2 x Navori Highwayman||3 x Elixir of Iron|
|2 x Navori Conspirator||3 x Take Heart|
|3 x Greenglade Duo||3 x Braum|
|3 x Shadow Assassin||2 x Avarosan Hearthguard|
|3 x Zed|
|3 x Deny|
|3 x Kinkou Lifeblade|
|3 x Will of Ionia|
|1 x The Empyrean|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then click ‘Import Deck’ in Legends of Runeterra’s Collection to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: CEBAIAIBAQERMLQHAEBAEBQJDIUDCOICAEAQCKICAEBCYNABAEAQEHQ
With this deck, you’re aiming to buff your Elusive units to turn them into unblockable monsters. If you’ve not drawn well, or things aren’t going your way, you can still buff up your other units to control the board.
Early game:Early game you’ll want to open with Omen Hawk and Inspiring Mentor to get the buffs rolling in from the get go. Navori Conspirator’s combos nicely with these two cards as you can buff even more. However, if you don’t have these two cards, we wouldn’t recommend playing him - save him for later, as he can be the key to saving your champions from certain death. Shadow Assassin is also great for drawing your buffed units quickly if you’re playing fast.
If you’ve got the likes of Braum early, you can play a touch slower by blocking units, levelling him up and hopefully giving you enough time to play out your Avarosan Hearthguards later.
Mid game: Ideally you’ll want to continue buffing your units, perhaps dropping Zed as an aggressive tool to clear the enemy board. Take Heart on your damaged units will help with survivability, and will grant your Elusive units a huge power boost. Iron Elixir also helps in this regard, and Deny is even better to keep your units alive and kicking.
Attack with your Elusive units to get some big damage threat, and don’t be afraid to drop a cheeky Will of Ionia on the enemy’s blocking units to sneak damage through and potentially set up lethal. Greenglade Duo can be surprisingly good for this!
Late game: Hopefully you’ll draw a beefy Empyrean, or you’ll have a number of big boys on the board. Play them out, sneak in the damage and use your spells to give them what’s needed to survive or push for lethal. And if you’re struggling, a buffed Kinkou Lifeblade can totally bring you back into the game!
- 1. Deck Tier List - Legends of Runeterra: Deck Tier List
- 2. Best Decks - Legends of Runeterra: Best Decks
- 3. Best Budget Decks - Legends of Runeterra: Best Budget Decks (January 2020)
- 4. Fearsome Midrange guide - Legends of Runeterra: Teemo Mushroom deck list guide
- 5. Rivershaper Fiora deck guide - Legends of Runeterra: Rivershaper Fiora deck list guide
Elusive Buffs Mulligan guide
These are the cards you’ll want to make the best possible start with Elise Spider Aggro:
- 1. Omen Hawk is an absolute gem, as it’ll guarantee the next two units you play will have a lovely little buff.
- 2.Inspiring Mentor will give you a much needed hand buff and can be recalled for added value too.
- 3. Navori Conspirator plays nicely off the two cards above and can be the difference between an annoying unit, or one that needs to be dealt with.
Elusive Buffs tips, combos and synergies
Here’s a quick overview of a few things you’ll want to keep an eye on when playing this Elusive Buffs deck. Keep an eye out for future updates as the game evolves.
- If you’re relying on Braum to get you to the mid/late game, Take Heart is a great post damage buff.
- Recall Avarosan Hearthguard, Omen Hawk and Inspiring Mentor for a boost to your buffs.
- The enemy may not have any answers to your Elusives. If this is the case, focus all your buffs on your Elusive units and go for face every attacking round.
- Use Shadow Assassin to draw buffed units from your deck quickly. With this in mind, we’d hold onto these cards until you’re confident that you can get some beefy units on the board.
- Take Heart your Kinkou Lifeblade’s for serious healing.
- Attack with your Zed and a couple of Greenglade Duos for some sweet buff synergy.
- Use Will of Ionia on blocking enemy units to sneak in extra damage if need be.
- Use Deny sparingly, you’ve only got three!