Our Cloud Drinker Teemo deck list guide features the best Legends of Runeterra deck list for the Rising Tides expansion's Season of Plunder (May 2020). Our Cloud Drinker Teemo guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
If you’re looking for a rundown of the best decks Legends of Runeterra has to offer, check out our Legends of Runeterra Best Decks page!
This Teemo deck takes advantage of Cloud Drinker's discount of Burst spells to overwhelm your enemy and chuck a ludicrous amount of mushrooms into their deck. You've got a decent bit of Elusive presence, as well as a little bit of Barrier and card draw for good measure.
Like all Teemo decks, your goal is to annoy your enemy with mushrooms and finish them off in a painful and drawn-out manner.
You'll need luck and patience - aggro decks will often take you down before you can do anything to them. Regardless, it's super satisfying when everything comes together.
In the latest version of our Cloud Drinker Teemo guide, we’ve got the deck list we’re using for the open beta of Legends of Runeterra.
|Ionia||Piltover and Zaun|
|3 x Ki Guardian||3 x Teemo|
|3 x Shadow Assassin||3 x Rummage|
|2 x Deny||3 x Veteran Investigator|
|2 x Deep Meditation||2 x Puffcap Peddler|
|2 x Dawn and Dusk||3 x Vault Breaker|
|3 x Cloud Drinker||3 x Chump Whump|
|3 x Shady Character|
|3 x Suit Up!|
|2 x Progress Day|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then click ‘Import Deck’ in Legends of Runeterra’s Collection to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: CEBQGAQEAMCAUAYBAIPTOOIEAECACCA6HIBQCAQCBEBACBAZGEBACAQYGEAA
You're relying on this deck's heavy card draw to get all the mushroom synergy cards out there. Try not to die too early on and you'll be able to get some sweet combos out there.
Early game: If you draw Teemo early on, play him out and try to hit the enemy Nexus. Unless your opponent is playing a deck filled with Elusive units, you’ll be able to start planting mushrooms and getting on your way to buffing Teemo. Ki Guardian can be a great early play, either giving Barrier to Teemo or one of your other units to contest the board better. Try to hit the enemy Nexus with Teemo and Shadow Assassin early on, and if not, Rummage to find those all-important units.
Mid game: Now is the time you should be upgrading Teemo. Planting 15 Puffcaps into your opponents deck shouldn’t take too long, especially if you’ve activated his Nexus Strike ability a couple times, and now each Nexus Strike he does will double the enemy’s shroom count. As well as this, the Chump Whump and Puffcap Peddler are solid ways to get planting, and you should always keep an eye out for when you draw Suit Up!, as it'll only cost 2 mana on the turn it's drawn. Targeting Teemo with this spell is super powerful, as it'll make him far harder to kill off.
If you can get Cloud Drinker out on board, do so as it'll make almost all of your spells 1 mana cheaper. Your Shady Character can turn into another Cloud Drinker too, and using Vault Breaker multiple times in a turn can either kill off enemy units unexpectedly or just lead to an early lethal.
Late game: You should be finishing off your opponent by this point, with every draw dealing damage. Get as many Poisonous Puffcaps into your enemy's deck as possible, and keep hitting face and not dying if possible.
If you can get a Teemo on board and hit the enemy Nexus a few times, you'll be able to double the enemy mushroom count after he's upgraded. For something of a finisher, Dawn and Dusk can give you two extra copies of Teemo on board too, doubling the enemy's mushroom count three times if all three copies of Teemo hit. You can also use it on other units to push through to face if you need to kill the enemy with that last bit of power.
- 1. Deck Tier List - Legends of Runeterra: Deck Tier List
- 2. Best Decks - Legends of Runeterra: Best Decks
- 3. Best Budget Decks - Legends of Runeterra: Best Budget Decks (January 2020)
- 4. Fearsome Midrange guide - Legends of Runeterra: Teemo Mushroom deck list guide
- 5. Rivershaper Fiora deck guide - Legends of Runeterra: Rivershaper Fiora deck list guide
Cloud Drinker Teemo Mulligan guide
These are the cards you’ll want to make the best possible start with Cloud Drinker Teemo:
- 1. Teemo is the obvious ideal first card. Start dealing damage, planting shrooms, and generally being a nuisance as soon as possible.
- 2. Ki Guardian is worth holding on to, as it gives you a free attack or block on the turn you play a unit.
- 3. It’s often worth keeping a Puffcap Peddler, especially if you already have a Teemo. This guy makes your Mushroom Clouds more impactful, and sets you up for upgrading Teemo much faster.
Cloud Drinker Teemo tips, combos and synergies
Here’s an overview of the synergies to look out for in this Cloud Drinker Teemo deck. We’ll keep you updated as the meta develops!
- Dawn and Dusk can give you extra copies of Teemo, but they'll be Ephemeral so will die when they attack.
- Ki Guardian gives a unit in hand Barrier, but remember - Barrier goes away after the unit's been on board a turn so make sure you make use of it.
- It’s often a good idea to keep hold of all your Mushroom Clouds until you have a Puffcap Peddler or two on board. Each Puffcap Peddler adds 3 extra mushrooms to every spell you cast, so you can really boost your enemy’s shroom count quickly.
- Keep 4 mana spare for Deny if your opponent has a lot of mana ready. They'll often try to use a board clear, and saving Deny for that can be the difference between victory and defeat.
- Cloud Drinker makes your Mushroom Clouds and Rummages cost 0 mana, and your other Burst spells cost 1 less. This works particularly well with Vault Breaker, since you can cast it multiple times in a turn.
- Keep an eye out for Suit Up! - it costs 2 mana less when you play it on the turn it's drawn and works great alongside your chdap units.
- Progress Day! is an expensive card, but the fact that it reduces the cards' cost and lets you refuel your hand can give you some strong future plays.
- Remember to use Deep Meditation after you've cast two or more spells the round before - it'll draw you two spells for two mana under those conditions.