League of Legends patch 8.24b isn’t technically a major patch, but a “micro” one which brings a round of balance changes to the pre-season. Still, for a smaller patch there are a whole host of tweaks. The likes of Akali and Pyke have been changed significantly, while many other champions have been given smaller buffs or nerfs.
Here’s a breakdown of the most significant changes:
W - Twilight Shroud
- NEW PRESTEALTH: Akali now briefly obscures (opponents can see her outline but not target her) before stealthing or re-stealthing even if enemies don't have true sight in the area
- NEW FOLLOWTHROUGH: Targeted abilities and uncancellable basic attacks (ex. Nasus's Q - Siphoning Strike are no longer canceled when Akali stealths or re-stealths
- RE-STEALTH TIMING: 0.9/0.8/0.725/0.625 seconds at levels 1/6/9/12 now changed to 1/0.9/0.825/0.725/0.625 seconds at 1/8/11/20/30 minutes
- REVERTED: 8.24's nerf has been reverted in favor of the above changes. Duration restored has gone from 4/4.5/5/5.5/6 seconds (max 2 second extension) to 5/5.5/6/6.5/7 seconds (max 3 second extension).
- MAGIC RESIST GROWTH: Decreased from 2 to 1.5
Q - Bone Skewer
- MINION & MONSTER DAMAGE: Decreased from 50% to secondary targets to 30% to secondary targets (tooltip will be updated in 9.1)
R - Death From Below
- Reminder: Enemies above the execute threshold take physical damage equal to the threshold instead.
- EXECUTE THRESHOLD, LV 6-9: 250/290/330/370 (unchanged)
- EXECUTE THRESHOLD, LV 10-13: Was 410/450/475/500 - Now - 400/430/450/470
- EXECUTE THRESHOLD, LV 14-18: Was 525/550/575/590/605 - Now - 490/510/530/540/550
Q - Piltover Peacemaker
- Base damage increased from 30/70/110/150/190 to 50/90/130/170/210
- Passthrough damage: decreased from 67 percent to 60
R - Ace in the Hole
- Range increased from 2,000/2,500/3,000 to 3,500 at all ranks
R - Missile Barrage
- Base damage increased from 75/100/125 to 90/115/140
- The Big One base damage increased from 150/200/250 to 180/230/280
- Base health increased from 580 to 610
- Fling (E) - Damage increased from 4/5/6/7/8 percent of target's maximum health to 6/6.5/7/7.5/8 percent
E - Explosive Charge
- Base damage increased from 60/70/80/90/100 to 70/80/90/100/110
- Attack damage ratio increased from 0.5/0.65/0.8/0.95/1.1 bonus attack damage to 0.5/0.7/0.9/1.1/1.3
- Maximum damage increased from 132/154/176/198/220 (plus 1.1/1.43/1.76/2.09/2.42 bonus attack damage) to 154/176/198/220/242 (plus 1.1/1.54/1.98/2.42/2.86 bonus attack damage)
W - Blighted Quiver
- Uncharged active damage increased from 6/7/8/9/10 percent of the target's missing health (at levels 1/4/7/10/13) to 6/8/10/12/14 percent of the target's missing health (levels 1/4/7/10/13)
R- Chain of Corruption
- Damage increased from 100/175/250 (plus 1.0 ability power) to 150/200/250 (plus 1.0 ability power)
- Base attack damage increased from 63 to 65
Head on over to the official patch notes page for a complete overview of the changes.
Patch 8.24b also precedes the much larger patch 9.1 which will mark the beginning of next season, and Riot has given us a sneak preview of future changes. Expect more buffs to individual marksmen and “sizable” changes for both Ornn and Sejuani.