Our complete Nazeebo guide has everything you need to know about playing this Hero, with the latest builds, tips, map advice and counters.
If you like putting enemy players under a ridiculous amount of pressure while dishing out the pain to all and sundry, we think there's a lot you'll like about the Specialist Nazeebo. His area-of-effect damage Abilities are outstanding, he's fantastic at pushing lanes and he has a great choice of ultimate skills at Level 10.
That's the good news, but it's not all plain sailing with this character. For a start, his core control skill of Zombie Wall takes some finesse to land correctly, and if you really mess things up you can even end up penning your own team in, which won't exactly win you many accolades. He's also got little in the way of escape mechanics, so you'll need to watch your positioning carefully.
Nazeebo strategy guide and overview - January 2016
Nazeebo really comes into his own towards the latter stages of a match, but he's still capable of doing an incredible job of laning right from the start of a battle. As with all Heroes who lack escape mechanisms, don't be drawn too deep into enemy territory at the beginning. Just keep stacking Death Ritual as much as possible by clearing down lanes, as you'll receive the health and Mana benefits of doing so for the entire match.
That's the early stages explained pretty simply, but things get a little more comlex for Nazeebo in team brawls. Once you've unlocked Gargantuan, make sure you use it at the beginning of a fight (remember to use Stomp too), and then let the enemy have all kinds of hell with your core damage Abilities: Plague of Toads and Corpse Spiders. Hold your nerve and don't be too quick to fire off Zombie Wall - save it for crippling the stragglers who try to escape to safety. As with all Ranged characters, make sure you watch your positioning at all times, and don't allow yourself to be greedily dragged into danger.
The best Nazeebo talent build - January 2016
We think this build gives you the best of all possible worlds if you're planning to storm into battle with Nazeebo. You can - and should - tweak this build to deal with specific match-ups, but you won't go far wrong by using this core choice of talents as a base this month.
Nazeebo damage-over-time build
Level 1 - Death Ritual - Permanently gain 5 Health and 3 Mana when a Minion or captured Mercenary dies under Voodoo Ritual.
Level 4 - Spider Cluster - Corpse Spiders creates 3 more spiders over 3 seconds.
Level 7 - Gidbinn - Increases the duration of your Zombie Wall and Corpse Spiders by 33%.
Level 10 - Gargantuan - Summon a Gargantuan that guards you for 20 seconds. Deals 331 (158 + 4% per level) damage to nearby enemies when summoned, attacks for 500 (238 + 4% per level) damage, and can be ordered to stomp, dealing 331 (158 + 4% per level) damage. The Gargantuan deals extra damage to Minions and Structures. Mana: 90, Cooldown: 60 seconds.
Level 13 - Dead Rush - Wall of Zombies deals 50% more damage. When it expires up to 5 remaining Zombies uproot and attack nearby enemies for 3 seconds.
Level 16 - Leaping Spiders - Corpse Spiders leap at their targets and deal 15% more damage.
Level 20 - Humongoid - Gargantuan lasts indefinitely until killed, and deals 100% more damage against non-Heroic targets.
Nazeebo Abilities, Heroic Abilities and Traits - January 2016
As a poison-throwing, damage-over-time Specialist, the finer points of Nazeebo play can take a little while to master. Here's a quick look at all of this Hero's core Abilities, so you can head into battle with a basic understanding of how his skills are weaved together in battle.
Corpse Spiders (Q)- Deal 200 (95 + 4% per level) damage and create 3 Corpse Spiders that deal 29 (14 + 4% per level) damage. Spiders last for 4 seconds. Mana: 60, Cooldown: 10 seconds.
Zombie Wall (W)- After 1 second, create a ring of Zombies surrounding the target area that deal 57 (28 + 4% per level) damage and last for 3 seconds. Mana: 70, Cooldown: 14 seconds.
Plague of Toads (E)- Create 5 Toads that deal 191 (91 + 4% per level) damage. Mana: 55, Cooldown: 10 seconds.
Gargantuan (R)- Summon a Gargantuan that guards you for 20 seconds. Deals 331 (158 + 4% per level) damage to nearby enemies when summoned, attacks for 500 (238 + 4% per level) damage, and can be ordered to stomp, dealing 331 (158 + 4% per level) damage. The Gargantuan deals extra damage to Minions and Structures. Mana: 90, Cooldown: 60 seconds.
Ravenous Spirit (R)- Channel a Ravenous Spirit that deals 412 (196 + 4% per level) damage per second. Cannot move while channeling. Lasts for 8 seconds. Mana: 100, Cooldown: 90 seconds.
If you choose Gargantuan as your Level 10 Talent, you'll gain access to the following additional Ability.
Gargantuan Stomp- Order your Gargantuan to stomp, dealing 331 (158 + 4% per level) damage to nearby enemies. Cooldown: 5 seconds.
Voodoo Ritual- Ability and attack damage poisons enemies for 97 (46 + 0% per level) additional damage over 4 seconds. If a poisoned enemy dies, Nazeebo regenerates 1.95% Health and 1% Mana.
Nazeebo counters and match-ups - January 2016
It pays to know your Hero counter strengths and weaknesses when playing Nazeebo, and it never hurts to pick a strong teammate to buddy up with either. As opinions vary on these various match-up qualities, we prefer for now to reference a resource like HeroesCounters. This gives a pretty solid, community-curated picture of things.
Here's how the action currently shapes up for Nazeebo.
- Strong against- Sgt Hammer, Gazlowe, Johanna, Azmodan, Kael'thas
- Weak against- Sonya, Illidan, Diablo, Zeratul, Anub'arak
- Teams well with- Jaina, Johanna, ETC, Malfurion, Sylvanas
Nazeebo tips - January 2016
It's going to take some time before you can drop a Zombie Wall down, confident in the knowledge that you'll land your catch just as you intended. In fact, Nazeebo's particular damage-over-time playstyle can take even seasoned players a little while to adjust to. Here are some tips that should help you get over the early hump, and impress your teammates just a little faster.
- Your Zombie Wall is a powerful ability, but just be careful you don't create an annoying obstruction for your team. You don't just have to use it to pin an enemy down either. Feel free to throw it ahead of a fleeing Hero to block them off, or chuck it behind you if you're trying to escape from trouble yourself! You can also use it to seal off a choke-point that the enemy might otherwise have benefited from.
- Your Basic Attack becomes increasingly important as the game wears on. Its poison power can build to a point where escaping enemies who have been tapped won't even reach a source of healing before the effects take them down.
- Zombie Wall can be used to attack structures, and the creaturs also do a particularly good job of soaking up tower ammunition in the early phase of the game.
- You should also practise timing the placement of your Zombie Wall Ability. It takes one second to actually pop up on the battlefield, so try to anticipate your target's position just a little in the future before throwing your circling wall down.
- If you've taken Gargantuan as your Level 10 talent, don't forget to make use of his extra Gargantuan Stomp Ability! This deals decent area-of-effect damage to anyone in his vicinity, and comes off cooldown every five seconds. Always be ready to drop this extra blast of damage.
- Here's one last Zombie Wall trick. If you do miss with it, and you've caused your own team an obstruction in the process, simply tap the Ability button once again to send your zombies packing - oops...
Fightin' Cowboy's videos helped us out a huge amount while we were learning the game. The builds have changed with balance patches and shifting metagames, but the broad principles remain the same.
More great HotS guides: