The Dreamhack HCT Grand Prix Atlanta 2018 kicks off a little bit later on today, and Blizzard has published full details of the event in a new blog post.
256 players will be competing at the event, which is taking place between November 16th-18th, and there's a $5,000 top prize available for the winner.
Here's a quick snapshot of how the event works:
- 256 players compete in a Swiss bracket to determine the final 16 elimination players
- Those 16 teams will then be whittled down to a final eight for the grand finals
- Matches are played as a best-of-five, with one ban available, and using the Last Hero Standing format
- All games will be organised through smash.gg and will take place on the Americas server
- Players attending the event will need to bring their own device to The Georgia World Congress Center
As for the schedule, matches kick off at the following times on the following days:
- November 16th- Swiss Rounds 1-5 - 11:00am to 10:00pm EDT
- November 17th - Swiss Rounds 6-9 + Top 16 Playoffs - 10:00am to 10:pm EDT
- November 18th- Top 8 Playoffs - 10:00am to 9:00pm EDT
If you're in the UK, add five hours to the start and end times above. Those of you in mainland Europe need to add an extra six hours. If you're in the PT timezone, you'll need to subtract three hours.
Fine streaming details have not been confirmed yet, but we do know that a series of matches from each round will be broadcast on Twitch. Here's the official Hearthstone Twitch channel if you want to jump in when broadcasting begins:
We'll have a tournament report for you on Monday.