Blizzard's most recent job listing has given an unusually candid insight into the publisher's next game.
From the posting - since deleted from the publisher's career hub - we now know that the studio's next project will be a mobile MMO RTS title - that's Massively Multiplayer Online Real Time Strategy game in long-hand.
The job listing also makes it clear that the project will run on the Unity platform, just like the studio's current flagship mobile title, Hearthstone.
There's not much else to go on right now, but we've run the full job posting for you below. Perhaps we'll hear more about the new game at the publisher's annual BlizzCon fan-gathering in November?
"Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced Unity mobile client engineer to work on an unannounced MMO RTS project. The ideal applicant has an unwavering passion for mobile development and solving engineering problems unique to mobile app environments. If you thrive in an environment that values creativity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing, then drop us a line!"
- 5+ years of Game Development experience
- iOS and/or Android development experience
- Experience with Unity
- Fluent in C#
- Capable of working very closely with artists, designers, and engineers to understand and meet their client needs
- Strong understanding of game assets and handling asset version changes
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with optimizations for mobile platforms
- Experience with code optimization
- Fluency with C++
- Avid mobile application user
- Strong understanding of 3D graphics and shaders
- CS or related degree
- Strong data structures, logic, and algorithm skills
- Strong debugging skills
SOURCE: Icy Veins