As part of the post-launch hype for Hearthstone's latest Rise of Shadows set, Blizzard has just announced a new Mech-themed Inn-vitational event.
Teams of two players will be challenged to construct decks using only the following resources:
- The updated cards from the latest Hearthstone 14.4 update.
- 20 Classic card packs
- 20 The Witchwood card packs
- 20 The Boomsday Project card packs
- 20 Rastakhan’s Rumble card packs
- 40 Rise of Shadows card packs
- 5,000 gold
Once decks have been assembled the teams will play against each other for points and perks. The North America teams will be playing live on Blizzard's fancy live set, while the players from other regions will join in remotely.
As teams win their encounters they earn a point, and can also choose to bolster their card collection by choosing one of the following:
- 6 Rise of Shadows packs OR
- 9 The Witchwood packs OR
- 9 The Boomsday Project packs OR
- 9 Rastakhan's Rumble packs
Their opposite numbers will also receive the same reward, but the winners get to pick!
What about those perks though? Before the finals take place, teams will be able to use the points they've picked up to take advantage of one of the following bonus perks:
- Disenchant a card from either of your opponent’s decks per point earned. Your opponent has to replace it with a different card.
- Spend a point to open a set of packs of your choosing. Teams will choose from any set available from previous rounds.
- If a team has earned the maximum of 4 points, they can redeem them all to…
We're intrigued to find out what that cryptic third options turns out to be.
Players will open their starting packs on their individual streams on June 3 2019.
For a full list of participants, head over to the announcement on the Hearthstone blog.