Our Out of the Woods Deck Recipe guide outlines the full Whizbang deck list and also contains tips, card combos and strategy advice.
Out of the Woods is the first of the Druid's Deck Recipes. We're ignoring the Classic Recipe as it doesn't form part of the Whizbang pool, and so doesn't really matter for the purposes of our overall guide.
We've got the deck list for you, so that you're fully prepared to get stuck into the opposition with it, and also broken down all of the combos contained within it. That'll help you get acclimatised quickly after Whizbang drops you in!
When you're done here, make sure you head back to the first page of our Whizbang the Wonderful guide. From there you'll be able to access the next Deck Recipe you need!
Out of the Woods Deck List
|2 x Lesser Jasper Spellstone||1 x Spiritsinger Umbra|
|2 x Wild Growth||2 x Carnivorous Cube|
|2 x Wrath||2 x Guild Recruiter|
|2 x Landscaping||1 x The Lich King|
|2 x Astral Tiger|
|2 x Ironwood Golem|
|2 x Oaken Summons|
|2 x Swipe|
|2 x Nourish|
|1 x Malfurion the Pestilent|
|2 x Gloop Sprayer|
|2 x Grizzled Guardian|
|1 x Ultimate Infestation|
The second Whizbang Deck Recipe for the Druid is called Trees are Friends. Check that guide out if this doesn't look like the list you've been given!
Out of the Woods Tips, Combos and Synergies
Here are all of the combos that exist in Out of the Woods:
- In its original form, Lesser Jasper Spellstone does two points of damage to a minion when played. If you acquire three points of Armor, that damage goes up to four. The card maxes out at six damage when you gain a further three Armor.
- Once Wild Growth is played, you'll gain an extra Mana Crystal for the remainder of the match. Play this one as early on as you can.
- Landscaping costs three Mana and will provide you with a pair of 2 / 2 Treants on the board. A nice start for this kind of deck.
- When Astral Tiger dies, a copy of it will be shuffled back into your deck, ready for you to take advantage of all over again.
- Oaken Summons grants you six Armor, then Recruits a minion costing four or less Mana onto the board. Candidates in this deck are Spiritsinger Umbra, Astral Tiger and Ironwood Golem.
- Position Gloop Sprayer to best advantage, as it'll summon a copy of each minion that's either side of it.
- When Grizzled Guadian dies, he'll Recruit a pair of minions that cost four or less Mana. See the note above on Oaken Summons for possible candidates.
- If Spiritsinger Umbra is on your board, the Deathrattles effects of future minion plays will go off immediately. In this deck that means Astral Tiger and Grizzled Guardian.
- Apply Carnivorous Cube to a minion and the Cube will destroy it and summon two copies of that minion when it dies. See the notes above for interesting minions in this context.
- Guild Recruiter again summons a four-or-less Mana minion when she's played out onto the board.
- When you hit End Turn, The Lich King will pick a Death Knight card at random and add it to your hand. Here are the cards in question:
|2||Death Coil||Deal 5 damage to an enemy, or restore 5 Health to a friendly character.|
|2||Death Grip||Steal a minion from your opponent's deck and add it to your hand.|
|2||Obliterate||Destroy a minion. Your hero takes damage equal to its Health.|
|3||Death and Decay||Deal 3 damage to all enemies.|
|4||Anti-Magic Shell||Give your minions +2 / +2 and “Can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers.”|
|5||Doom Pact||Destroy all minions. Remove the top card from your deck for each minion destroyed.|
|6||Army of the Dead||Remove the top 5 cards of your deck. Summony any minions removed.|
|7||Frostmourne||Deathrattle: Summon every minion killed by this [5 / 3] weapon.|